Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Today, I am covering, rather shortly in fact (As I could have gone on for a good solid 2-4 hours talking about my Tesla Experience), my experiences with Tesla since 2013. How Tesla has changed, how the cars have changed, supercharging, quality of the vehicles.

Watch to the end for some follow-behind drone shots!

I found what you said was interesting. ~500 problems in a few years is bad reliability! I am surprised you're having problems with your door handles on your 2016. My car is a few months younger than yours and I've never had any door handle issues. The only defect was the headlights started buzzing, which was common for the early refresh cars.

I also had some scraping of the baffles on the radiator which was some flash on the plastic molding. They told me it wasn't a mechanical concern, just a noise problem. They ordered some more baffles, but the noise went away. The flash probably wore off.

So far the car has had fewer problems than my 1992 Buick did and I went on to drive that car for 24 years. It was still in excellent running condition when I sold it.

I was pondering what the difference was last night and I think your cars lives outside doesn't it? Mine spends every night in the garage and the weather here is quite a bit different from Wisconsin (I'm in the Portland, OR metro area). Summers are warm and dry and the winters are a lot milder. Maybe the failures are due to moisture collecting in the handles, and/or a combination of severe winter weather. As cold as it gets there, having moisture in the door handle mechanism that freezes and expands would probably not be good for the mechanism.

Just a few thoughts.

I'm glad to hear the mighty steed helped save your wife's life. I told my SO your story and she pointed out that is a drawback to living where we do. The nearest hospital is about 20 minutes away. Though emergency services is pretty good. When she had a gall stone attack out of the blue (and we had no clue what it was), they showed up in about 5 minutes.

I haven't had to drive my car in an emergency, but I do trust it more than any car I've driven to push the edges of Physics if I have to.

I did have one hospital story with my car. My SO needed surgery in April and I was so discombobulated when I parked my car in the parking garage I lost the car when it came time to leave. An employee tried to help me pointing out his key fob has a way to honk the horn. I was ticked mine didn't, but after he went off it dawned on me I had the Tesla app on my phone. So I walked around the parking garage honking the horn from the app until I found the car. She and a nursing assistant were waiting at the entrance of the hospital wondering what happened to me. When I did drive up, the NA told my SO "cool a Tesla!"

Reactions: islandbayy

Taking a Test Ride in a Tesla Model 3. Finally get to see the Production Fit and Finish, and ride quality. Low light conditions though. Overall, quite impressed. The quality "Feel" is actually better then my Model S. It is SOLID, Comfortable and includes design changes/features that SHOULD be present in the Model S but are not.

Reactions: SmartElectric

More footage from the Model 3 event. This one is from ground level. Myself and a bunch of others snuck out bast one of the gates so we could get a closer look. Tesla would not let us get closer then this to the Delivery portion of the event and the "handlers" would shoe us away.
More Model 3 Delivery Event footage coming. I had some mental Burnout from the event and the travel involved, and the work waiting for me when I got home!
Next video coming will be a announcement they made at the event about the referral program and that some changes will be coming.

I like the right rear with no actual wheel there and just the brake disc. What's up with that? Is the Alpha a drivable car or just a mule/model?
It was hard to tell. I've been in that car once, a long time ago. It IS the same car, as the drivers mirror was cracked off. It had that nice rounded dash and interior that we see in all the Alpha photos. However, interior, what little I could see through the broken window looked partially stripped. but was very hard to tell. They went far out of their way to black out the windows on that car.