Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

With the Looming debut of the Tesla Electric Semi (Tentatively scheduled to debut September 26th, 2017 according to Elon), I touch on the potential of a possible surprise from Tesla, and that is, a MINI ELECTRIC SEMI. How so? Not as you'd think, My thoughts are a "Beefed Up" Pickup Truck. So in this video, I cover why it would be entirely possible for a Mini-Semi Truck, and why it wouldn't be much more difficult then building a regular Electric Pickup.
Please be sure to weigh in your opinions in the comments box below, get a good discussion going!

Ran into Z.M. Thomas at the Madison, WI Supercharger. At first, I pulled up, and saw this most awesome Model X with it's Wrap Job. Unfortunately, due to how DARK it was out (Did my best to enhance the video without it getting TOO grainy, didn't want to use Night Vision Setting as then we would lose all the color) it was difficult to capture the awesomeness of his Artwork. Though, if you visit his website (Listed Below) you can see higher quality day shot photos. This really is the best looking wrap job I've seen on a Tesla.
The wrap was somewhat experimental, and consisted of 6 layers. Base layer is color changing, depending on the direction of light hitting it, and it even goes as far as to have highly reflective gold lettering.

Check out Z.M. Thomas and his Comics at:
Trepidation Comics
and
http://facebook.com/siouxfallscomic

Reactions: scottf200
5026979.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: islandbayy

Last week I had the opportunity to borrow Tesla's second quickest production car, the P90DL, as a loaner while my 90D was in for service.
This was a fairly feature loaded vehicle, with nearly every option right down to the rear facing jump seats, that tesla had to offer. While it was loaded, it was also slightly older then my own 90D. This P90DL was manufactured in August of 2015 and is about 25,000 Tesla's older then my own. Either way, it was a nice treat to give it a go for a week.
Overall, the additional "Options" in the car really didn't make too much difference to me. Besides being the "Performance" version, the only REAL differences that changed how the actual car felt were the Next Gen seats, Pano Roof, and Air Suspension. In the past, I did not care for the Next Gen seats. And even still, I'd get the old style over the next gen's, however, having longer to "test" the next gens, they started to grow on me. The Pano Roof was very nice, and a nice option, though, coming from a Car Body Shop background, I don't do pano's and I don't do air suspension, due to the insane repair costs when they DO fail (It's not if just when).
The Air suspension in my opinion, was Very Much too soft. The ability to raise and lower the suspension to get past obstacles, or in/out steep driveways was nice, but the soft, squishy feel of the air suspension was not pleasant to me. I prefer the stiffer ride of the Coil Suspension, which also felt like it handled better.

Mixed Feelings with this repair review. They did a lot! But some things are still having issues (Suspension, Door Handles). Saying that, they knocked a lot off my list. But it always seems to come down to the damn door handles, and suspension. I'm leaning toward the opinion that a recall needs to be done on Model S suspensions, and Door handles. For the handles, while some people seem to have no problems with them, others, such as myself, seem to have endless problems with the self presenting door handles not functioning properly or early failures. Suspension, well, first car had suspension components fail around 53,000 miles. Thankfully I had a Extended service agreement at that time. This time around, around 43,000 miles. And I see others with these issues as well. This is rather early for suspension problems.
As such, good thing I had this appointment before my warranty was up, as I will be making another appointment to have the suspension and door handles looked at again.

Curious.
Tesla specifically recommends not to tow with Model S but you do anyway.

Given the nature of your usage, do you think there is any merit to suspension issues due to larger weight on the components?

I was thinking of adding towing capability to our S, but we likely will end up moving to X some day when we want to do towing, so that's why I'm asking.

Curious.
Tesla specifically recommends not to tow with Model S but you do anyway.

Given the nature of your usage, do you think there is any merit to suspension issues due to larger weight on the components?

I was thinking of adding towing capability to our S, but we likely will end up moving to X some day when we want to do towing, so that's why I'm asking.
Not really. My first Model S had same issues. While I had a hitch on it, I actually only used it to tow a trailer 3 times. The first was a log splitter, which I towed about 300 ft, second was a whole house generator, trailer and genset were about 350lbs total for about 120 miles, then the empty trailer home, which weighed in at about 120lbs empty (Very small harbor freight utility trailer, their smallest, which I had also previously towed with 1200lbs on, during a 5,000+ mile road trip with my old 1.8L nissan cube), and last, I cant even remember, I think it was a very short distance and very light.

Now, the P90DL I had as a loaner, also had the SAME suspension issues mine had/is having. HOWEVER, it was not yet as bad, but the mileage was about what, 36,000 miles on that loaner. Same noises.

So my First MS60 was at about 53,000 miles when it had the issues, My 90D was about 43,000ish miles, and the P90DL was about 36,000 miles.

In comparison, I towed with my old 1.8 L Nissan CUBE CONSIDERABLY more then I do now with my Tesla. While I no longer own that cube (The Ex Wife has it, and she beats the royal $417 out of it!), no suspension issues, no transmission issues, no issues at all, accept for all the tires and rims my ex goes through due to hitting the curb....

OUCH! Yes, extreme pain, and possibly a mutilated finger could result from you or your child putting a finger in the Model S (Maybe Model X too? I don't have one to test with) Trunk Latch. This thing CRANKS, HARD!
Normally, you'd say, why would anyone put a finger in a trunk latch??? Right??? I'd agree with you.... HOWEVER!!! The Model S has available, rear facing jump seats, FOR CHILDREN.... Yes, Children; you know, those short Trouble causing Micro-Humans that have not yet become self aware of cause/effect...
Those Micro-Humans have a habit of doing this that make us full size humans Face-Palm.

While, we have discovered, the Panoramic Roof, and Trunk Hatch ( See Crush Video 1:
) have pressure sensors to prevent this, the actual Trunk LATCH does not. if the trunk hatch is open, and a child potentially grabs the latch while exiting the trunk, the possibility is real (Even though I have not heard of instances yet, it is still a real possibility) that a child's small finger enters the mechanism and gets clamped down on.
I also discover, this could be fixed with a software update!!! Showing how the trunk wont electronically release that latch until it's nearly closed, shows the car knows what position the hatch is in. Being as such, software could be changed that disallows the hatch mechanism to close/latch, if the trunk is open.

First Vlog of October.
1: I need Tickets To Semi-Event! (Disregard! Awesome Viewer has Added me as his +1!!!)
2: Tesla Semi photos leaked
3: Over 250,000 EV's Delivered! 55% in USA
4: Model 3 Phone App details....
5: RWD Model S Discontinued
6: New referral Program again...
7: Worlds Largest Supercharger Station in Shanghai
8: Tesla + Puerto Rico
9: Tesla working with AMD?

<snip>
Went up! But for how long? As of right now the balance of the pack is EXCELLENT! Only 4 milla-volts out of balance. Cant get much better then that!

Your data would be interesting here ( MaxRange Tesla Battery Survey )
as you could see where you are compared to others.

Troy:
If you want to know how your degradation compares to other Teslas, you could enter your data here and then go to the Charts tab and select your username.