Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mike Anthony is BACK! Only this time, instead of acting as my living breathing Crash-Test Dummy, I am interviewing him and getting is opinions on the Upcoming Tesla Semi. Mike has a UNIQUE perspective. Why? Mike is both a TESLA owner (In his Rare Brown P85) and a TRUCKER! So he is in a excellent position.

On my family's annual road trip to Train Mountain ( www.TMRR.org ) in Klamath County, Oregon (Just South of Creator Lake), us Mid-Westerners got treated to what a Forest Fire can do, and I'm not talking about just the fire, I'm talking about Just the Smoke! This literally looked like a smoggy day in Beijing! (Though the wife said it's not as bad as some days in Beijing). This was still amazing to me. Terrible, but amazing, as I've never seen the likes of this in the good old USA.
If anything, Please let this be a warning to not toss cigarette butts out the car window, make sure your camp fires are under control and fully extinguished when done.

Photos at the beginning were the day after, with the Wind blowing the opposite way. Both "Local" and California Wildfires contributed to the smoke. It was all on the News Reports. Smoke blowing up from California, and also blowing from the west.

Live wildfire and forest fire updates would have been appreciated. As a Tourist, We had no idea what was going on and couldn't get a straight answer. And since we were CAMPING in a FOREST, it was quite concerning.

When was your trip to Klamath Lake? There have been some fires burning near Crater Lake since July. The early fall rains have really damped down the forest fires to the north, I thought Southern Oregon got some rain too. The Eagle Creek Fire (in the Columbia River Gorge) got within 12 miles of us and we had ash fall here like snow. The air looked like that for close to a month and that's the worst I've seen in the Northwest in the 30 years I've lived here.

The Eagle Creek Fire was started by a Russian immigrant kid playing with fireworks. My SO's law partner's wife is Russian and knows the community, she said the community is treating him like "boys will be boys". Most of the rest of the people around here have some rather creative ideas about what should be done with him.

In acres burned the fire season in the Northwest was only average this year, but many fires were close to populated areas so there was a lot more impact.

The continental divide actually does divide the weather. The Pacific weather pattern has a clear wet and dry season and the climates of the west are all considered Mediterranean, though the Northwest is more like northern Italy or the Balkans. Everywhere east of the Rockies summers get some rain and things don't dry out like they do in the west.

It stops raining for a stretch ranging from 6-7 months in California down to about 3-4 months in the north everything dries out and fire is always a high risk in late summer. The young mountains in the west make the terrain very difficult for fire fighting too.

When was your trip to Klamath Lake? There have been some fires burning near Crater Lake since July. The early fall rains have really damped down the forest fires to the north, I thought Southern Oregon got some rain too. The Eagle Creek Fire (in the Columbia River Gorge) got within 12 miles of us and we had ash fall here like snow. The air looked like that for close to a month and that's the worst I've seen in the Northwest in the 30 years I've lived here.

The Eagle Creek Fire was started by a Russian immigrant kid playing with fireworks. My SO's law partner's wife is Russian and knows the community, she said the community is treating him like "boys will be boys". Most of the rest of the people around here have some rather creative ideas about what should be done with him.

In acres burned the fire season in the Northwest was only average this year, but many fires were close to populated areas so there was a lot more impact.

The continental divide actually does divide the weather. The Pacific weather pattern has a clear wet and dry season and the climates of the west are all considered Mediterranean, though the Northwest is more like northern Italy or the Balkans. Everywhere east of the Rockies summers get some rain and things don't dry out like they do in the west.

It stops raining for a stretch ranging from 6-7 months in California down to about 3-4 months in the north everything dries out and fire is always a high risk in late summer. The young mountains in the west make the terrain very difficult for fire fighting too.
The video is actually from Beginning of August.
October was a slow news month, until the Semi Unveil event, so I'm dipping into my Video bucket and editing together and weeding through about 635 gigs of video I Haven't touched yet.
Yah it was really crazy! I have never seen anything like this. I wanted to send my drone up to get some above shots, but it was a No Fly Zone due to the fire fighting choppers.

August was bad throughout the Northwest. A local Portland weather guy said there was a hazardous air advisory for every county in Washington and Oregon, something he had never seen before.

It was just like your video around here for a couple of weeks. You were probably getting smoke from the Blanket Creek Fire, which was just south of Crater Lake and due west of Klamath Lake.

Not only were drones banned in the Gorge, but they shut down barge traffic on the Columbia for several days so the helicopters could scoop water from the river. 40% of US grain exports go down the Columbia on barges.

Not too successful of a charge. Car WOULD NOT charge to 100%!!! At time of filming, had just gotten car back from Service. It was in at Tesla Service for two weeks while the service center was waiting and waiting and waiting for parts from Tesla Warehouse.
When dropped off at service, arrived with about 10 miles power left. After test runs to show the issues, had about 3 left. Car sat in back lot, while parts were being waited for. I believe sitting at this Low State of Charge for a extended period of time caused the massive pack imbalance.
Problem is, when the battery is very low, the car stops certain maintenance procedures in order to preserve battery life. Since balancing the pack USES power (Bleeds power off via resistors from the bricks of cells that are higher voltage to bring them closer and equalize with the lower voltage cells) it would be bad to do this on a low pack.
To fix this, regular charging and a couple 100% charges for good measure. The car does most of the balancing while plugged in and at higher state of charge. You will see this improvement in future range videos. Though, not by much. The degradation monster has hit, I will never see anything higher then 272 rated miles again, unless I get a new battery pack.

If you live in, or have driven your Electric Vehicle/Tesla to a cold climate, At some point, you may have seen the dreaded "Snowflake" on your battery meter, or even had reduced/no regeneration/regenerative breaking, and also reduced acceleration of your vehicle. Many people are confused as to why this happens. I do my best in this video to explain it as simply as possible along with battery management system ( BMS ) data.
I use Tesla Spy to take a peek at the Tesla Model S Battery Management System (BMS) to give you a more detailed look at what is going on and how the car mitigates the Cold Battery problem!

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200

Part 2 Section 1: Running Low on Charge
-SLOW DOWN
-Un-Necessaries
-Drafting
-World Beyond Tesla Superchargers
-More time charging

Part 2 Section 2: Must Have Charging Adapters
-UMC
-NEMA 5-20
-NEMA 6-20
-NEMA 14-30
-CHAdeMO Adapter
-J1772
-NEMA 14-50
-Home Made's

Part 2 Section 3: Towing Trailers with a Electric Vehicle
-SLOW DOWN
-Weight Limits
-Drag or Weight, which Reduces More Range
-Minimum Range Losses

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911

Part 3 Section 1: Plan Ahead! (Road Tripping, Distance or Poor Weather)
-Use Tesla Nav
-Get Third Party Apps
-Join Third Party Charging Networks
-Contact your Destination
-Suggest Destination Chargers
-Extension Cords

Part 3 Section 2: Home Charging
-Recommended Outlet
-HPWC
-Single VS Dual Charger (Old Style Chargers Early 2016 and older)
-Standard (Slow) VS Fast Charger (Q2 of 2016 and later)

Part 3 Section 3: Superchargers
-Best charging Source
-Ideals of Use

• Informative
Reactions: ggies07

Pleasant Prairie Supercharger seems to be the go to place to see all the Cool New Tesla's, due to it's crazy Tesla Traffic. This was also the location I saw my first Tesla Model X in person! While this isn't my First Tesla Model 3 in person, it's the first one I've had the luxury to get up close and personal in enough light to actually see anything! The Model 3 Delivery Event, Tesla was still very secretive and would not let us YouTubers film anything juicy.

So enjoy! Walk around, some thoughts, then the owner returned, and we got to see the Charge port function, and it's cool lighted "T" and then door handle, and a great trunk shot.

Enjoy!!!This is one Beautiful Looking Car!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200

Just a little video explaining the basic function of the Tesla Model S, Model 3 and Model X Battery Pack heater. Also explain the temperature cut off's, when it comes on and when it turns off, how you can turn it off/down in some cases. When best to use it. How the car overrides your settings during charging.

Kman uses his Super Italian Ninja skills and gets rare shots of the Tesla Semi Truck's Drive Units, Gear Box and other internals.
In this video, I bring you a look at the 4 drive units, 2 gear boxes, wiring, and more! The one and only!

The differentials are extremely "Beefy" (Unless your a vegetarian, then they are Pumpkiny). This thing is built to not only last, but Haul Ass, Haul Loads. This thing is just overbuilt. By my best estimate, in a tractor pull, the Tesla Semi could easily out pull 6 standard Semi's.

Complete breakdown of the semi information coming soon! Kman get you all the Information the OTHERS DON'T!!! Please consider supporting me through Patreon to help me bring you Valuable Content!