Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Now that the Semi event is over, and I finally made it home (After being Bumped from 8 flights), I've finally compiled the information you have been looking for! Stop trying to find it elsewhere. Kman exercised his Ninja Fishing Skills for some things (Fishing for Information) and I got exactly what I was looking for!!!
Video is a little long at 26 minutes, and may be hard to sit through but it's well worth it!
Topics Covered:
1: Mega Charger Charge Rates
2: Battery Voltages of the Tesla Electric Semi Truck
3: Charge Port
4: Drive Units & Differentials
5: Gear Ratios are 100% KNOWN
6: Drive Units Per Axle
7: More then Two Semi's Built
8: Number of Drive Units and Revisions
9: AP Cameras
10: Potential Lidar?
11: 360* Camera System
12: HOW MUCH THE SEMI COSTS! Info from PEOPLE PURCHASING THE SEMI!
13: Semi will be able to use existing Supercharger network in emergency
14: Battery Size
15: Cell Size Possiabilities
16: Cooling of the Systems

Tesla SEMI and Model 3 share the same, improved (READ: More Reliable) door handles. These door handles are more simplistic then the Self-Presenting door handles of the Model S. The Model S Self Presenting door handles have been known for failure and problems and failures. While the Model 3/Semi door handles are of newer design, simpler, and should have fewer failure points, time will tell.

Special Guest, Alex Guberman from E for Electric ( E for Electric ) Takes us to Kettleman City, California to Tesla's Most AWESOME Supercharger to Date! Watch along as Alex gives us a view of the new Kettleman City Supercharger.

Though, what makes this Tesla Supercharger Different? It includes a Lounge, Barista, Play area for the Kiddies, 40 Tesla Supercharger Stalls, Vending Machines, and whats more? IT's SOLAR POWERED! Over every Supercharger, is a Solar Canopy, similar to the Tesla Design Studio in Hawthorne, Ca!

Kettleman City Supercharger, Conveniently located about Mid-Way between San Francisco and Los Angles, it is a absolutely great location to take a rest and Charge Up both your and yourself!
While I was unable to visit Kettleman City Supercharger this past trip to LA (For the Semi Truck / Roadster Unveil Event), I will be sure to visit during my next road trip through California!

Reactions: SmartElectric

Full Tesla Semi & Roadster 2017 Event Keynote. Starts with Jerome Guillen head of Tesla's Transit/Semi Division, followed by Elon Musk making a Grand Entrance, and last but not least, Franz Von Holzhausen, Chief Tesla Designer making a sneaky entrance, by being on the stage all along hidden in the trailer of the Tesla Semi Truck.

Part 4: Section 1: Winter Driving
-Be Mindful
-Tire Pressure
-Summer/Winter Tires
-Resist Fast Acceleration
-Judge Stops
-Range Mode in Winter
-Slip Start/Traction Control
-Pre-Heat / Pre-Cool Cabin
-Ice Scrapers

Section 2: Additional Charging Tips
-Plug In
-Pre condition while plugged in
-24 Hour Rule

Section 3: Wheel Covers/Rim Types
-Rims that increase range
-Covers that increase range

Section 4: Extension Cords
-Sizes
-Lengths
-Capacity

Section 5: Charge Port Colors
-Blue
-Green
-Red
-Yellow
-Rainbow

I cover just a handful of reasons why mining Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrency such as Monero with a Tesla is just a plain Stupid idea.
That being said, if you want to help support my channel without actually giving me any money, check out Support KmanAuto to try mining a few Monero Coins for me :) Every little bit helps! Or try it just to see how your computer stacks up in the Cryptocurrency World!

In my previous video, I talked about why mining Cryptocurrency with a Tesla (To get free power from Superchargers) was a BAD idea.
In this Video, I talk about how you could theoretically use your Tesla to Mine Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Monero. Yes, doing so is still a stupid idea.... So grab your popcorn and watch away while I describe one possible (But not probable) way of mining with your Tesla.

Winter brings SNOW! Snow + Solar Panels = 0 kW of generation. Had to come up with a solution to this Dilemma! So of course, I was walking along, singing a song, in that Costco Winter Wonderland and came across the Titan Adjustable Roof Snow Rake (This is not a Paid endorsement video! I Happened across this product, purchased it to solve a issue and then made a video about it to help others!).
So thats where we enter this video! Gave it a go, and it gets a complete pass!
Some things to keep in mind; Unless it's heavy snow or really really really cold, you don't need to clear the ENTIRE panel. Once a Solar panel starts generating, they warm up slightly. This, in many cases when hovering around 0*C or 32*F (+/- a few degrees), will melt off the rest of the snow.
Next, solar panels are durable! the panels are designed to be in the elements 24/7/365 for YEARS! Heck, the panels on my roof, can even be walked on! (Stay in the center).

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200

With a 100D Autopilot AP2 car in hand, Lets find out how many cameras are actually needed to allow AP2 to function. Results are surprising! The car only needs a single Forward Camera, but what about redundancy?
Side Note, found out after the filming of this video from a service tech, that Tesla is passively using the side and rear cameras for data gathering, but not in use for Autopilot yet.

My car's warranty now gone, was in for it's Annual Checkup and some minor repairs last week. During that Checkup, I had the LUXURY of being the first person (Other then service center employees) to drive this Brand New 100D Tesla Model S. The key was handed to me, and this car, with 100 miles on the odometer was mine to drive for a few days. And I can say, I REALLY Enjoyed this car! The only way it would have been better was if it was a P100D, and had Coil Suspension instead of Air (And I suppose Black or Obsidian Paint!).

Sit back and Enjoy, as we go through this car and check out things from the Fit and Finish, to new features not found on older cars, and new interior colors/materials!

500 Miles later. On our way back to Highland Park service center to return this loaner, and pickup my 90D back from service. This brand new 100D now has just over 600 miles on the odometer. I've had some time to try the features and functions.
One thing I don't cover in this video, completely forgot about it is Bio-hazard Defense Mode. I tested this feature out on a good number of situations. In general, I don't think it works as well as they claim. Some "Smells" I tested it on are as follows:
1: Cow Poop (This is Wisconsin after all...) Reduced but not eliminated Cow Poop smell in the cabin.
2: Diesel Exhaust; made no noticeable difference in Diesel Oder. We were following a few car lengths behind a "Clean Diesel" Bus.
3" Petroleum Smell; Drove past Costco gas station in the parking lot, Bio Hazard mode was already on and running, still got Filling Station Gasoline Oder
4; Other car exhaust; Petrol car exhaust smell. That Rich Exhaust smell when a ICE Vehicle is being driven with a really cold engine.
5: Milwaukee County Sewage Treatment facility; Driving the Overpass that is directly above the Milwaukee County Sewage District (Jones Island), no difference in Oder.

Autopilot Calibration: The autopilot sensors can sometimes take some time to calibrate when a car is new. This usually takes around 100-150 miles of driving AT MOST. With 600 miles on the ODO, no difference what so ever in AP2 performance. It is still light-years behind in RELIABILITY compared to AP1. I'd rate AP2 as being only 25-50% as reliable as AP1 at this time (Over 1 year and 2 months after release of the AP2 hardware).

Black Friday brings out the worst in many people. These ICE Holes are no exception. Each and every ICE Hole shown at the end of this video, was politely approached. to attempt to explain the supercharger stalls are for charging of electric vehicles only. I was met with hostility. As such, I have no problems shaming these people.
Spaces were properly labeled as Tesla Charging Only, and not shared parking spaces.