Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

While the traction battery can last a long time, Electric Vehicles still rely on Auxiliary 12v batteries to maintain vital systems should the traction pack (High Voltage Pack) need to disconnect for whatever reasons. These especially maintain Brakes & Steering in the case of issues! On average, these Lead-Acid Deep Cycle batteries will last 4-5 years (Of course some exceptions to the rule can happen). Thankfully, Tesla's systems kindly notify us in advance when it detects when this 12v Lead Acid Auxiliary battery is nearing the end of life. I will cover the level of failure in another video. In this video, we will have a How-To! It's so easy a KMAN Can do it!!!

Tesla Model X Bio Filter How to clean. Tesla has designed the Bio Defense Filter for the Model S and Model X to be glued into the housing. As such, the cost is significantly increased for replacement. I've found, while the filter may "Look Dirty", it still may have a lot of life left in it. As such, a good cleaning using things you generally have at home already can increase its life by 2x or greater saving you hundreds to thousands of $. In this video, I show how to get at and remove the Bio Defense Filter. It's easy to do with just a few simple, cheap tools, and cleaned with a Vacuum (and Compressed air if available!).

IT's FINALLY HERE! After 8 long months of waiting, Kman's finally got Full Self Drive Beta! I was out of town when the firmware downloaded and installed while I was out of town working. Excuse the crude video, we got back in town for quite literally 20 minutes. We unloaded the Model S, I grabbed my camera and suction cup mount, jumped in the Model X with Gene & Vincent and we proceeded to record this :) Too excited to wait!

Finally have new things to film and I have roads already planned and waiting for testing! Including a mashup of FSD pitted against AP1, AP2, AP2 with FSD Computer. It will be a 4 way split screen all on the same roads and synced as best as possible!

As of posting of this video, I already have 2 additional videos recorded and getting ready for upload with better dash footage using a second camera and many more thoughts .

The FSD Full Self Drive Beta is literally quite AWESOME! It does have a LOT of room for improvement and I will be mashing that send video clip button quite a bit, I'm sure. Either way, grab some popcorn, and take a drive with me on my first Tesla Full Self Drive! (Or at least, my first Full Self Dive with my own car. Believe it or not, the ORIGINAL AUTOPILOT 1 using the single forward facing camera actually had a FSD Beta, extremely limited, and freeway only, but it did have it, and for the hardware available, it was awesome as well, unfortunately, it also highlighted the limitations of the original AP1 hardware).

#fsd #Tesla #FSDBeta #2022.12.3.20

FSD Beta Day 2 Drive 1 The drive started off a little shaky. Starting off the drive, the car couldn't even pull straight out the driveway. The steering wheel was for lack of better words, having a seizure. It also couldn't decide if it was going left or right. Once I manually pulled it out onto the road and activated FSD, it proceeded fairly well for a while. I got a little scared at the stop sign when it felt like FSD was going to pull out in front of cross traffic. Realistically, based on my observations, how the car acted was for better visibility, due to LACK OF LEFT AND RIGHT FACING CAMERAS ON THE NOSE OF THE CAR! The car angles itself to allow the A-Pillar Cameras to have a view of cross traffic. I noticed the car doing this as well even when making a LEFT Turn. It would angle right to get better view of the LEFT cross traffic! This makes me feel like we will not get TRUE FSD for current hardware cars. I believe either two more cameras on the front corners facing each direction, or one insane fish-eye lens camera on the nose of the vehicle (Like what Nissan has been doing). Proceeding, it handled a row of parked cars blocking half the driving lane quite well! Autopilot could not handle this. Did a good right turn after waiting for cross traffic at stop sign 2. 4-way stop it was a little slow taking off, and then decided to stop in the middle of the intersection at the cross walk. Then on to the snake road. F-You City of Franklin and your stupid lines. Following distance is not very good, way too close even on setting 7. Stop light - no problem. Proceeded well on to the round-about. No oncoming traffic at the round-about, it did the round-about flawlessly! Actually the best left turn to date! Uneventful until coming up on the next stop light. FSD Hesitated on which lane to. Right turn was good. Car changed lanes to the right lane right away in prep for the next intersection. Left turn at that light was "ok", but took at it high speed, 27+ MPH. WAY THE EFF TOO FAST FOR A LEFT TURN! Did fine through the next stop light, and no hesitation through the railway crossing. On a right turn, a crowded side road with parked cars and sharp turns it did great. One section that AP1 & AP2 could not handle, FSD did fine. Though, after the curve, FSD couldn't decide what part of the lane to stay in, and was all over the road like a drunk. Upon entering the side road for FedEX/Panera, it did fine, but entering the parking lot, it spazed out again same as in our driveway. I had to take control as the wheel was going back and fourth at an inhuman rate. FSD Day 2 Drive 1| 2022.12.3.20 | FSD Beta 10.12.20 | Tesla Software Update #fsd #Tesla #FSDBeta #2022.12.3.20 #firstimpression

Supercharger located in Wisconsin Dells, Wi. Culvers 1070 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy S Wisconsin Dells, WI 53913 LONG AWAITED Wisconsin Dells supercharger, we've been trying to get one here since 2013! Wisconsin Dells is the Midwest USA's big tourist destination area. When Tesla installed the first supercharger in Wisconsin, they decided on Mauston, 20 miles north, to prevent people from using it as a destination charging station. This has seriously cramped charging availability for tourists. Now, the 12 stall V3 250kW Tesla Supercharger is located in the parking lot of Culvers. Beware, during peak business times during the summer tourist season, you may have a wait to GET INTO the parking lot due to how busy Culvers gets. Located conveniently nearby are plenty of restaurants, Dells Premium Outlets and so much more! NOTICE: WITH THE INCREASE IN ELECTRICAL RATES, Supercharging rates have been going up as well. Consider choosing a local Mom & Pop Resort for your stay, such as www.SandriftResort.com whom offer TWO Tesla HPWC's (High Powered Wall Chargers), 40 amp and 80 amp stations, FREE to all overnight Guests, $5/hr. for non-overnight guests. #WisconsinDellsSupercharger #WisconsinDellsTesla #WisconsinDellsChargingStation

Day 2 Drive 2; Visualization was quite impressive in a parking lot. The level of detail was amazing! FSD had trouble leaving the parking space, but activated once out of the space. Unfortunately, it tried to accelerate to 30mph and also make a 90 degree right turn. I noticed the FSD Visualization, seems to visualize it's "confidence". Fuzzy lines mean lower "confidence" in what it sees. Sharp lines mean high "confidence." Shows yet again, a problem with the lack of a front nose direct left and right facing cameras. The car angles itself at stops to be able to use the PILLAR cameras to see (giving the pillar cameras a better side angle view). Couldn't figure out exactly what the Beep Beep was, but I'm thinking side proximity warning. I'm noticing that FSD does not use turn signal when it should, and does when it's not necessary. Making the right turn onto Putz Road, shows yet again... why it needs side cameras to see cross traffic. This will be a growing theme. Does ok for a while, however, as we approach the freeway, the car is not going in the proper lane to get on the freeway. It waits and waits and waits, and in the end, it "misses" the turn lane all together, forcing me to take over to get in the proper lane. Entering freeway, car does not signal again as it merged. You can also see when the car transitions from FSD Beta back to normal Autopilot. At time of Filming, I was not yet aware that FSD doesn't operate on the freeway. The old Nav by autopilot instead takes over. I cut the freeway drive out of the video to save 30 minutes of your time while I complain that FSD isn't really doing anything on the freeway. Turning right onto the Mall's road, behind a semi, the car plays it safe and does not try and squeeze past. The right turn was a little shaky, but good. Autopilot always has trouble on this road due to sharp turns and poor lines. I was EXTREMELY surprised that it Properly used the center turn lane!!! Attempting to use FSD (without a destination) to go across the parking lot did not turn out the best. FSD does not handle parking lots the best at this time. STAY TUNED for Day 2 Drive 3, and FSD Beta VS Downtown Chicago! #fsd #Tesla #FSDBeta #2022.12.3.20

What better test of FSD Beta than to take it into one of the most difficult driving situations around. One of the first that came to mind was DOWNTOWN CHICAGO! Anyone who's driven in Downtown Chicago can vouch, the drivers drive like crap, pedestrians seem to randomly cross the street at any time, scooters everywhere and generally most people driving shouldn't have a license to begin with.
All jokes aside, it's still one of the most challenging places to drive, and while FSD Beta does "ok" on less congested Suburb streets and low traffic areas, I believe it has met it's match in Chicago.
-We start with a hyperlapse (Sped Up Footage) right after we crossed the Wisconsin/Illinois state line. The Hyperlapse goes until we are about to exit the freeway into downtown. Reason I sped the footage up, is that Tesla does not currently use FSD Software Stack on the Freeway, ONLY Non Freeway Roads at this time. Changing supposed to come in FSD Beta 11.
-The first Downtown Section is from the Freeway Exit to East Oak St & North Michigan Ave.
-Second portion is from there, to the North Halsted Supercharger.
-Third Portion is from the North Halsted Supercharger to China Town (Includes some freeway footage).
I had not realized, even though the actual driving DISTANCES were really quite short, about 6 Miles in TOTAL (Yah, that's it!) the drive time was over 50 minutes! That's Chicago for ya!
I also cannot stress how dangerous FSD Beta felt in Chicago. Watching my own video over again, it does not capture the absolute hesitation, lapse in it's judgement, unpredictability or lack of safety at all. It is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND IF YOU ARE IN A HEAVY TRAFFIC AREA SIMILAR TO DOWNTOWN CHICAGO, I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT USING FSD BETA!

So lets dive in! You have a couple different viewing options.
Option 1: Watch this video. This video is the complete video I did for Downtown Chicago.
Option 2: I broke the same video up into 3 sections, one for each of the three segments of the video to make viewing easier should you not be able to watch this in it's entirety. The segments are below:

Segment 1:
Segment 2:
Segment 3:

#FSDChicago #FullSelfDriveChicago #FullSelfDrive
#FSD

Impromptu video. 5 am on a VERY foggy morning. Heads Up, FSD Is not active a good chunk of the drive, because either it wouldn't LET me activate, or as soon as I activate it freaked out. I was at my parents home (They were out of town) overnight as the previous days storm & hail took out A LOT of power all over the state. I ran my parents sump pump off the Model X's battery for around 12 hrs. Power wasn't supposed to be restored until 7pm the next day, somehow they got to the area at about 4:30 AM. I was definately ready for bed at that point, in my own bed..... Tired as heck. Went out to disconnect the MX from the inverter. Nice thick fog as you can see. So grabbed my phone and started recording. I was too tired to talk in this video, so just sit back and listen to the alert beeps from the car. I will state, on old autopilot, it would have done much better as the old autopilot had the radar active. It would have been much better with radar that was able to cut through this fog. I've been in fog like this with my Mode S, and it was able to sense objects/vehicles using the radar. Vision is great, but I'm finding more and more that lacking the radar is hampering abilities. #FSDFog #FullSelfDriveFog #FSDInFog #FullSelfDriveInFog

Part 3 from second day of FSD Beta:
0:20: FSD Doesn't do the best in parking lots yet
1:33: For safety due to construction in this spot I decided to manual control until Intersection.
2:08: FSD Beta Active.
2:25: Aggressive turn onto the freeway.
2:55: Had to manually hit the stalk to increase speed.
3:00: You can SEE The transition in SOFTWARE from the FSD Beta Software Stack to Autopilot Software Stack.
3:30: Tesla is currently NOT using FSD on Freeway. You need to have NoA active for freeway.
4:22: You can see the transition from NoA/Autopilot Software Stack to Full Self Drive Beta Software Stack.
5:26: Left Turn off freeway.
5:29: Left turn went into another left turn lane to go back on the freeway instead of the straight lane, as such I over-rode so we wouldn't get back on the freeway going the wrong way.
6:14: Green Light.
6:28: Construction Zone.
6:48: FSD has Low Confidence Level but successfully manages.
7:25: Car displays 7 lanes.
7:40: Green light on Large intersection successful.
7:55: Slowed down too much for turning vehicle, manually hit accelerator to increase speed.
8:48: It should be moving over to the right lane already as we have a right turn coming. It is not. This issue has cropped up often, causing missed turns.
9:22: Car slowing down for no reason and no turn signal. Got Flipped Off due to how FSD was driving.
9:25: Disengaged and manually changed lanes so we don't miss our turn.
9:40: Reactivated FSD Beta.
10:00: Right turn not too bad.
10:25: FSD was going to slam into the back of a parked Jeep. No attempt made by FSD to slow. FSD INCREASED Speed.
10:45: The weave road. Middle Finger Salute to the City of Franklin.
12:32: Felt like it was going to go and not wait it's turn at the 4-way stop.
12:52: FSD Went to the far right of the lane to make a large-swinging-turn.
13:00: Displays the parked cars on the street and parking lot very well.
13:50: 4-Way Stop, Rolling Stop, but did well.
14:10: Moves over for idiot in the road instead of using sidewalk.
14:16: Left turn, did ok, a little too fast for turn.
14:50: FSD Nav complete, car stops in middle of road.
15:15: CONGRADULATIONS WE DID NOT DIE!

FSD Day 2 Drive 3| 2022.12.3.20 | FSD Beta 10.12.20 | Tesla Software Update
#fsd #Tesla #FSDBeta #2022.12.3.20 #firstimpression

06/22/2022 FSD Trip to the Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport to pick up my sister Xa (You've seen her Model Y in my Model Y Videos) and my son Geno. So lets dive right in!

0:35: FSD Beta Active.
0:55: Right turn next to a closed lane and barrels.
1:58 FSD Properly selected the turn lane and stopped.
2:15 First problem. FSD Turned right ok, however, did not move into the far left turn lane. I have repeated this sequence since and it made it, in this case it did not.
2:31 FSD Decided to move into the far right lane. Then, proceeded to attempt a LEFT TURN across ALL lanes of traffic from the far right lane. I intervened.
3:00: No longer taking Freeway to the Airport, instead surface streets.
3:10: FSD did good next to a closed lane and road workers. One spot I DID take over in the interest of safety as the lane got extremely narrow and workers were working quite close to the driving lane.
3:40: FSD Handled the 4 way stop well, including avoiding traffic cones.
3:50: After intersection, FSD proceeds to drive well, but in the parking lane.
4:32: Lines come back, FSD jerked back into the middle (Driving lane) WITHOUT turn signal.
4:55: Handled the 4 way stop no problem.
6:38: FSD Stopped on the far side of the intersection, so twice. I gave the car a little over-ride using the accelerator.
8:40: 4-Way Stop no problem.
8:58: Came to a stop to let another vehicle go, so it could move over. It should have sped up and moved over (based on what a human would have done).
9:36: FSD Moved back to the left lane.
10:15: FSD Moved over to avoid a closed lane & traffic cones.
11:00: FSD Keeps wanting to move to the left lane. The Lane Merges are after the upcoming stop lights. I'm in the middle on my opinion weather this was the right choice. I personally would have stayed in the right lane, and then just accelerated and merged once the light goes green. Based on FSD Skill set, and abilities, maybe the early merge in this case is warranted??? What do you think?
13:00: Does the right turn well.
13:04: Failed to get across traffic into the necessary turn lane. Basically a repeat of what happened at the 2:15 mark where it did not make it across to do a left turn.
13:27: It wants to make the left turn from the middle lane to correct it's error, cutting off the left turn only lane. I over-rode. Where it wants to turn around, we'd be basically be going for the grand tour, instead of it making a u turn where I did. Needed to pick up at the Airport, so in this case I manually u-turned.
14:04: Good right turn onto the Airport Loop.
14:40: Navigation Complete, FSD Will just continue straight. I take over to get us to the right area for pickup.
16:19: MY sister is jealous I have FSD. She just has free autopilot on her Model Y.
16:30: FSD Successfully pulled around a sign in the pickup lane.
17:49: FSD Has turn signal on for unknown reason.
19:21: Successfully drives around a road sign.
20:20: Made illegal lane change in an intersection.
20:40: Enters construction zone with closed roads. Successfully takes the detour. Successfully navigates the detour. It did want to slow wayyyy down, I overrode this by pressing the accelerator.
21:25: Ok right turn at stop light.
22:00: Good but shaky left turn.
22:22: All done :) See you next video!
22:24: Wake up call for all of you who fell asleep during the video. Seriously though, I forgot to normalize the audio. Sorry......

FSD Beta Airport Pickup 2022.12.3.20 Tesla
#FSDBeta #FSDAIrport #FSDTest

Will start off with an apology. This will be a boring video. Boring with FSD is actually a GOOD thing :)
This drive was IMPRESSIVE! First intervention was at 38 minutes, and that was MY CHOICE to intervene to move quickly to a faster lane before more traffic came. Overall, I was EXTREMELY Impressed with the performance of FSD on this drive! ENJOY!

0:23: FSD Took right fork in the road at the stop light zero issues.
1:57: Stopped at light behind a BMW I8. Good looking car, wouldn't mind having one. Could have been so so much more though...
2:27: Lady on her phone blocked & cut past 3 lanes of traffic...
3:40: Another stop light.
7:12: FSD Changed Lanes itself to follow nav route.
9:35: FSD Made a right turn at a intersection to follow NAV.
11:00: Zero Interventions at this point.
12:36: FSD Approached an intersection. It changed into the left turn lane and stopped behind other vehicles. Thus far, extremely impressed with it's performance!
13:52: Flawless left turn ON GREEN LEFT ARROW!!!
14:24: Went under two over-passes. Handled the transition from Bright Sun to Dark and back with zero issues.
15:16: Stopped at Stop Light, proceeded on Green Light. No problem to report.
16:00: Vinny is giggling.
16:45: Another stop light, and OH LOOK! A MODEL S P100DL!
18:35: I activated turn signal after intersection to move the vehicle to the right lane. FSD had been camping a bit in the left lane, and there were cars behind us. No "Ding" on FSD's performance, It was MY preference to be in the right lane. FSD Executed the maneuver no problem. I did not take control, just activated turn signal to have FSD change lanes.
19:30: I've been watching this video in 2x speed to do the commentary here. 2x speed gives me anxiety with FSD HAHAHA!
20:50: ANOTHER FREEKING STOP LIGHT! ARG! I miss the freeway... No problems to report.
22:00: ZERO Interventions of FSD Beta yet at this point.
22:50: FSD Properly slowed for a lead vehicle that made a right turn into a lot.
23:40: FSD handled some weird crazy road lines.
24:18: I'm loving watching the visualizations!
24:40: Stoplight.... Nothing to report.... Move Along...
30:00: STILL ZERO INTERVENTIONS!
30:52: Mild arguing with wifey... ;-)
32:00: A bit of stop-n-go. Really missing radar at these points. The old Autopilot Radar would bounce under the lead vehicle allowing the car to "see" two cars ahead, and pre-emtively brake. Since Radar is turned OFF for FSD, stops are a little more jerky and whip-lashey. I also feel FSD follows too closely.
35:17: FSD Properly takes the correct fork in the road at the intersection.
35:38: FSD Changed into the right turn lane to follow route. Properly completes the right turn no issues.
37:00: STILL ZERO INTERVENTIONS.
37:20: I use turn signal to have FSD Change Lanes. No intervention, but good choice as the right lane was exceedingly slow with that Semi.
38:11: First Intervention, and it wasn't for anything wrong. I wanted to quickly change to the right lane before more cars came. FSD would have taken too long to make the change. I did this to stay ahead of the traffic. FSD did NOTHING wrong, and would have stopped and continued on the green. This was entirely my choice to change lanes, that, and I was getting the death glares from wifey for taking the long, slower, city streets instead of freeway to get to the restaurant...... Need to shave some drive time off. The Sacrifices I make for you all!!! (FSD Does not operate on the freeway YET, it switches to Autopilot Software Stack).
41:40: FSD Properly moves to the right turn lane to follow route.
42:16: Makes great right turn. Given the right turn lanes angle, the side cameras had a great view of the cross-traffic.
43:45: Another Stop Light, this time at a over-pass.
45:22: The FIRST INTERVENTION WHERE FSD DID SOMETHING NOT RIGHT! FSD Attempted a LANE CHANGE IN AN INTERSECTION! Not sure if it's illegal in all jurisdictions in the USA, however, in Wisconsin and Illinois, the two states I drive in the most, it is. I took over to prevent the lane change. It also tried changing into a hashed out //// Lane, meaning, not to be driven in.
45:37: FSD Turned into the parking lot of the restaurant no problem.
45:40: I took over control for two reasons. 1, Navigation Complete. 2, FSD Data Stack does not yet fully support parking lots yet. As such, it kind of spazes out, not sure where to go. It did get fairly far into the lot, especially considering the crazy layout of this parking lot....
46:00: This is when I disengaged and took manual control. You can see my hands in the reflection of the dash. I am not steering until 46:00: I'm just keeping up with the wheel in case I need to take over.
#fsd #Tesla #FSDBeta #2022.12.3.2

For this go-round, taking FSD Beta for some rides in Wisconsin Dells, Wi. Midwest's largest tourist city! This is a 3 part video. Part one is leaving home and going to Downtown Dells to the Visitor & Convention Burro so we can pickup our Dells employee passes. Traffic was lower than expected for 4th of July Weekend, but at least I got to beep at a tourist who stopped on a right turn that is a right turn no stop....... They didn't seem to get the hint. This is a favorite corner for the locals as it's like a free pass to beep at tourists. tehehe. 2 more videos in this series, as well as I have some back-roads videos filmed on worst-case scenario roads coming as well.

Part 2 of Tesla Full Self Drive in Wisconsin Dells, Wi the Midwest's big Tourist City.
Lets jump right in! Time to scare Grandpa a bit more.
00:03 Backing out at the Wisconsin Dells Visitor Convention Burro.
00:35 FSD Full Self Drive Activated!
00:45 First right turn. Successful, no issues.
01:00 Second right turn, shaky. Steering wheel turned erratically.
01:18 FSD Identified a person improperly crossing the street.
01:24 Driver take-over as a combination of 3 things happened. 1, the car had delayed the turn for the pedestrian. 2, the car was slightly confused and trying to re-position itself due to the bike lane. 3, another car turned without waiting their turn, further, they drove on the wrong side of the road and cut us off. I made a judgement call to brake.
02:31 This is a strange intersection, no green lights here, as tourists walking get the right-of-way no matter what. Really slows down traffic though. Very rough left turn, it had no issues with the flashing yellows, but the left was rough and shaky, though completed successfully.
02:47 Immediately moved to the right lane. Overall, left lane would have been the better choice given the destination, but I won't knock it, acceptable decision.
02:50 It did a brake check for no specific reason, other than there was a cross-walk with no one crossing or near.
03:14 Passed a intersection with green light no issues.
03:27 Arrrrr! There be Pirate Putt Putt Golf Ye Scurvy Maggot!
03:50 Moved back to the left lane. I'm thinking, it might have thought (in advance) that the left lane was a left turn only, when it is a left or straight.
04:14 Another successful intersection.
04:26 Oh look, an Alfa Romeo! I love those (the older ones!) Successful move into the segregated left turn lane.
05:14 Good left turn!
05:38 I forgot the city repaved this road. It was a Cluster-Duck previously and very VERY bad. I was hoping to let it go on a bad road.
05:48 While I was the first Electric Car Dealer in Wisconsin Ever, the owner of Beaver Springs had some of his own home converted EV's. He also has some neat Amphibious cars. Nothing like seeing him drive right into the lake or river!
06:40 Now the hard part. Right turn onto a rural road with no lane lines! Right turn was good but a little fast.
07:03 Roads without lines, FSD likes to drive in the middle of the road, it does and did move over for the oncoming car, though not as early as I'd like. It waits until last moment, which makes me, the driver nervous.
07:20 no problems going over the bridge even with reduced visibility.
07:50 EXTREMELY ROUGH left turn + Vehicle did not lower speed to the roads speed limit.
08:23 FSD Is really kind of all over the road here. Side, middle, side, left, etc...
09:30 End of NAV. Turned into parking lot, concluded our business, and then HOME TO SANDRIFT! See Final Part 3!

#FSDBeta #TeslaWisconsin #teslafsd
FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20

Another slight drop in range. One of the last range updates before firmware is updated to Firmware 10, and MCU is upgraded to MCU2, as the vehicle was involved in a T-Bone Hit & Run on the Illinois Tollway system. Eff the Illinois Tollway for refusing to release the persons license plate. Long story in future video.

Part 3 of Tesla Full Self Drive in Wisconsin Dells, Wi the Midwest's big Tourist City.

00:28 FSD Activated in Parking Lot
00:36 FSD Had the driving route as left, but wanted to drive straight onto the fairway Driver takeover.
00:42 FSD Activated
00:50 FSD Did a good rolling stop followed by right turn
01:10 FSD Handling the line-less road, likes to go in the middle
01:42 FSD represents the Golf Cart as a Miniature Semi-Truck!
01:55 Handled stop sign good.
02:02 Handled kid driving golf cart + group of pedestrians walking in the road pretty good! Took it's time and handled it well.
02:12 Driver take over out of habit, as FSD was really driving in the middle and mental instinct wanted me to move it over. Re-Activated Immediately.
02:31 Rolling Stop + Right turn, was a little slow, but it did a good job
02:54 FSD Really likes waiting until the last second to move over for on-coming traffic!
03:29 Was doing so well until the curve. Went directly into the left side of the road. Driver Take-over NECESSARY!
04:00 FSD Shows a scooter rider as a VERY FAST walker. Kind of funny ;-) Right
04:05 The usual, rolling stop, right turn was very good.
05:23 Lovely! Bicycle in the road instead of the nice shiny new BIKE FREEKING PATH!
05:52 Rolling stop left turn, did a great job!
06:32 Waited it's turn at the stop light
08:30 On this road Autopilot always liked to start at the center line and by the time we get to the end of the road, drift all the way to the curb. FSD Started doing the same, until it got to an Illegally parked vehicle and moved to the center again to go around.
09:07 Actually came to a Full Stop! Left turn was great!
09:30 An very sharp and winding road. Did great! No issues.
10:20 Navigation Complete! Arrived at the Sandrift Resort! Sandrift Resort

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
#FSDBeta #TeslaWisconsin #teslafsd
FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20

FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20 in Mild Rain. Much better than I had expected. Medium & Heavy rain are MUCH worse, but I take what the weather gives me.

00:00 FSD Active
00:15 FSD slows for vehicle making U-Turn
00:34 FSD warning, "FSD may be degraded, poor weather detected"
00:50 Successful Left Turn
01:35 I took over ONLY to get FSD to take a different route.
02:40 Long freaking stop light :-(
02:54 FSD Activated
03:12 FSD may be degraded alert back again.
03:30 The "A" Pillar cameras do appear to be covered with water. Side Marker cameras in the durn signals seem to be fine.
05:02 FSD Started changing lanes into the WRONG lane, then aborted and stayed in it's lane. No driver intervention.
05:21 Took the right turn, stayed in lane, but was very fast for comfort.
06:58 Good right turn, though still on the faster side.
07:40 FSD & Autopilot, AP1, AP2, FSD all like to hug the right curb by the time it reaches the stop sign. Did better this time to not do that.
08:12 GREAT Right turn, despite it should be one of the more difficult.
08:38 Difficult section of road. It did good. Following another vehicle "may" have helped.
09:31 Navigation Complete, Driver take over to park vehicle.

Conclusions; Mild rain, FSD seems to be able to handle. Based on first hand experience, it cannot yet handle down-pours, especially since Radar was disabled. My AP1 Model S can handle downpours, and still detect other vehicles ahead, which FSD without radar cannot do.

Future video, Medium & Heavy Rain tests.

#fsdbeta #FSDRain #fullselfdriving #FullSelfDrive

Installation of a 12v replacement Auxiliary battery for the Tesla Model S (Similar install to Model X) with a Ohmmu Lithium Battery & How-To. Your installation process may vary slightly depending on the Year & Trim level of your Tesla.

Originally I was hesitant, as the Tesla's are designed for a 12v lead acid battery, however, it seems Ohmmu has solved the issues surrounding that. One of the big issues with Tesla's and the Lead Acid batteries, is what kills them. That would be OVER CHARGING. Tesla is quite literally cooking the 12v Lead Acid batteries in the vehicles. This is boiling out the Sulfuric Acid. Once thats gone, your battery is junk. That isn't a problem with the Ohmmu batteries. Given the nature of Lithium, as long as the battery is properly designed, it will take the charge up to the supplied voltage no problem. Tesla was pumping higher voltage into the lead acid batteries than what a Lead Acid battery can handle for the long term. The Ohmmu Lithium can handle these higher voltages without damage. The build in BMS (Battery Management System) keeps the cells within the Ohmmu Lithium Battery equalized/balanced, and prevents them from accidently being over-charged or over-discharged.

Since the last Lead Acid battery in my Model S only lasted 1 1/2 years, I thought, what the heck, lets give this Ohmmu Lithium battery a shot. While I will hopefully need to report back in 1, 2, 3, 4+ years time for it's Longevity, I can already, initially say, my Trunk Hatch opens and closes a little faster & smoother, most likely due to Lithium being able to provide a more stable voltage with much less voltage sag.
The SECOND thing I noticed, is Vampire Losses, or LACK THERE OF! My vampire losses have become the lowest I've ever seen with the Model S.

Specs:
The Ohmmu 12V LiFePO4 battery is lighter, more efficient, higher usable capacity, and lasts 4x longer than the OEM battery from Tesla.
• 4 Years Full-Replacement Warranty
• Drop-in Replacement to OEM Battery (No firmware changes needed)
• Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (aka LiFePO4 or LFP)
• Proprietary 12V Lithium Cell and BMS Technology
• Battery Management System - Prevents Damage to Battery in Extreme Situations and Balances the Battery Cells for a Longer Service Life
• Easy to Carry Handle and Weighs Only 9 lbs

#ohmmu #ohmmuTesla #ohmmubattery #OhmmuModelS #OhmmuModelX

In this video, I am sharing how I was able to fix squeaking and knocking suspension sounds coming from the upper control arm. This fix will work on Tesla Model S, Model 3, Model X & Model Y. It will also work on most other vehicle brands. No need to take anything apart, this can in most cases be done while the wheel is on the car.
No need to remove the control arm from the vehicle either. So far, I've done over 1000 miles of driving since filming the video and no noise has returned!

To follow forum rules, links to the tools & products needed are not posted here. Please go to the videos YouTube page for links.

Lost another one. This is still as of Firmware 8.x and MCU1 as I hadn't updated yet. This was recorded in 2020, long bouts of not driving due to the Rona. Taking the Model X quite a bit though so the MS got less use, or I should say more even.
The Model S got T-Boned on the Illinois Tollway at almost 100,000 miles. So 100,000 miles will be the last Range Update on firmware 8.x because at that point, it had to go to both the body shop and service. Unfortunately, a number of the new components installed on the car required firmware update to work (Gen 3 door handles being one of them). I also got MCU2 upgrade while we were at it, so firmware 10 it was. Thus enter, Teslas Firmware shenanigans! Didn't affect the Model S too much, but it really hurt our Model X. The Model S, it actually, increased our supercharger speeds. I was capped at 94kW since about 2 months of ownership on it (Got capped half way through it's first road trip!). Tesla unlocked max rate to about 114/115kW on a REALLY hot battery. In comparison, Firmware 10 killed the Model X's charge rate. Where as we could see ~140kW rates before, now, and even still on firmware 11 + FSD Beta, the MX MAY hit a high charge rate on a REALLY HOT battery for about 5-10 seconds, than immediately ramp down to ~70kW or lower no matter what......

#TeslaRange #TeslaBattery #BatteryDegradation #Degradation