Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KNDI Investment discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would invite everyone to check the numbers (and read up in general on auditors, ownership structure and the history of Chinese reverse mergers listed on US stock markets) before investing real money in KNDI.

A starting point may be here, also includes links to other sources for further reading:

Kandi Technologies: Weighing The Evidence - Forbes

It may all be true, but it may also be too good to be true...I don't know, I would just be extra careful.

PS: And just to be clear, I have no position in KNDI nor won't touch this stock long or short.

As in my article title, it is a 'speculative play'.

Also, in my assessment, "There are some fights going on, so unfortunately you will have to spend the time to figure out which side to believe:"

If you think you don't have time to research and yet you want to make money because someone like me mentioned, just remember you may end up losing money because there might be adverse situation occurs that you don't know how to handle, or I can be completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to those who bring to my attention the notion of "taking profit" and "ATH", yeah this thing is at $8.5! I decided to sell some of my holding, not a wise move but I am human.

If I can't rebuild my position, :( I know who to blame ! :)

No worry, you are still my friends.

Last edited:

Also, in my assessment, "There are some fights going on, so unfortunately you will have to spend the time to figure out which side to believe:"

If you think you don't have time to research and yet you want to make money because someone like me mentioned, just remember you may end up losing money because there might be adverse situation occurs that you don't know how to handle, or I can be completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to those who bring to my attention the notion of "taking profit" and "ATH", yeah this thing is at $8.5! I decided to sell some of my holding, not a wise move but I am human.

Have taken som profit from the October Calls, so freerolling now, but Im never selling my LEAPS.

Now lets just hope for a joint venture between KNDI and TSLA to boost Our profits :D

Btw anyone got Stock in BYD, and does anyone know 100% whats the correct ticker? I might got it wrong.

Last edited:

No worry, you are still my friends.

After Kandi announces a secondary stock offering in the next few days, you will be thanking me.

I have been holding a small position in KNDI since they were trading around $3,50 mark. It is very speculative as it is hard to get a real understanding of the chinese market and what information is actually true and what is just completely made up. However, if the information is somewhat true and they can achieve only half of what they say they will, this will be an explosive stock within the next couple of years and I am willing to bet a small portion of my portfolio on it as the reward could be tremendous.

Same here agree.

Indeed I will if that comes.

sleepy, curiously, do you mention secondary offering just as a way saying something might happen, or you did spend the time researching KNDI that they need cash?

No research, just common sense. Once people start pricing in a lot of growth that company is going to have to raise money to be able to achieve that growth; and the cheapest way to get capital (when your stock price is really high) is to issue new stock.

I am not saying that this is going to happen, but it is a capital intensive business and I wouldn't be surprised if KNDI goes back to the market for more cash.

This is complete speculation on my part. Of course I could be wrong and the stock continues to shoot through to the moon.

I equal highly "speculative" with highly volatile or with high risk regarding the business outlook, KNDI would be "fraudulent" in case the allegations (see links for details) are indeed true. Not saying they are, there were just many issues with Chinese reverse mergers listed in the US, that's a red flag and requires attention to detail.

To me, that's a big difference. A "speculative" play (at least) has numbers/auditors you can trust.

Has anyone actually driven this car? Sitting in it is like a day on the chicken ranch: All you hear is "cheap, cheap, cheap". Maybe the Chinese are more discerning, but I wouldn't take one on a bet. It has no power, no range, goes 25 mph. I don't see any improvements to it since I drove one a couple years ago. Personally I would put my money in TSLA and stay far far away from KNDI.

Has anyone actually driven this car? Sitting in it is like a day on the chicken ranch: All you hear is "cheap, cheap, cheap". Maybe the Chinese are more discerning, but I wouldn't take one on a bet. It has no power, no range, goes 25 mph. I don't see any improvements to it since I drove one a couple years ago. Personally I would put my money in TSLA and stay far far away from KNDI.

I will sell KNDI when China stops the incentives for EV cars in China. It doesnt matter how **** the car is, People are forced to buy it :D

I wish I could get that little flatbed truck here in the USA. I could use it. Nissan's new EV mini van might do.

kevin99, how much more do you think this stock run is going to have? Judging by the volume traded, it looks like it's going to sink down just a bit. Curious if you were able to move some/all of that Dec $5 calls since you got a boat load of it, about 8% of the open interest for an awesome profit.

kevin99, how much more do you think this stock run is going to have? Judging by the volume traded, it looks like it's going to sink down just a bit. Curious if you were able to move some/all of that Dec $5 calls since you got a boat load of it, about 8% of the open interest for an awesome profit.

I have closed all my position when it shoot up to $8.5 two days ago. Percentage wise it was great.

Obviously I like to see the pull back to rebuild my position. It is a much smaller company so it is tricky, and it is more random I guess.

KNDI was a good speculating stock to play with. Today sank down as I predicted. I was thinking it may sink further more, but it only dropped 3%. I was thinking how would it looked if I bought puts ($7.50 for any months), and it didn't look good so I never went through with it. I couldn't find much bad or good news in the near future to really pick a put or a call play.

I will sell KNDI when China stops the incentives for EV cars in China. It doesnt matter how **** the car is, People are forced to buy it :D

Hello Norse,
I've been following the solar investment thread (purchased common stock in CSIQ after reading sleepy's investnaire link - I don't have options capability at this time) as well as the TSLA short term investors thread, and I appreciate your take on investing in general. I picked up some KNDI at the top ($9.00) and have been trying to parse the polarized arguments on Seeking Alpha to determine if I should add to this position, just hold, or bail out. I'm leaning toward adding, but not convinced at this point. Question to you - any change in your perspective on this stock?

I have closed all my position when it shoot up to $8.5 two days ago. Percentage wise it was great.

Obviously I like to see the pull back to rebuild my position. It is a much smaller company so it is tricky, and it is more random I guess.

Hello Kevin,
In your investnaire article on KNDI you wrote "As a speculative play, I think KNDI is attractive." My question for you - is KNDI now in your rear-view mirror, or do you continue to follow the stock, scouting for opportunities? If you are still following, what is your current take?

Thanks, Gary

Hello Norse,
I've been following the solar investment thread (purchased common stock in CSIQ after reading sleepy's investnaire link - I don't have options capability at this time) as well as the TSLA short term investors thread, and I appreciate your take on investing in general. I picked up some KNDI at the top ($9.00) and have been trying to parse the polarized arguments on Seeking Alpha to determine if I should add to this position, just hold, or bail out. I'm leaning toward adding, but not convinced at this point. Question to you - any change in your perspective on this stock?

Hello Kevin,
In your investnaire article on KNDI you wrote "As a speculative play, I think KNDI is attractive." My question for you - is KNDI now in your rear-view mirror, or do you continue to follow the stock, scouting for opportunities? If you are still following, what is your current take?

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary,

I certainly think KNDI is a long term prospect. I actually start rebuilding position the last two days when it was it $7.5-$7 range. I think $7 is a good support level in the near term so I went in bought quite a lot yesterday.

I did get some more info on KNDI's development. There will be some articles coming out. Hopefully they appear the investnaire.com site first, then on SeekingAlpha.