Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knee Airbags

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
The Owners Manual (Page 30) shows that there are driver's and passenger's knee airbags. I checked my RWD car and I don't have them.

Does anybody have these airbags on their car?

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
I guess it is hard to tell. My window sticker stated the car had six airbags total so that would indicate no knee airbags. There are driver's and passenger's front seat airbags and I can't tell if they are there. In older cars with seat mounted airbags there would be a text on the seat side stating that an airbag was present.

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
I guess my RWD Model 3 has dual knee airbags according to all the links I have read. I looked under the driver's and passenger's knee area and can't really see an airbag, but there are plastic covers that probably hide the airbags.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I guess it is hard to tell. My window sticker stated the car had six airbags total so that would indicate no knee airbags. There are driver's and passenger's front seat airbags and I can't tell if they are there. In older cars with seat mounted airbags there would be a text on the seat side stating that an airbag was present.

My sticker states 6 front row and 2 side curtain airbags.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC