Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knee pain, need to buffer/remove center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the X today, did a 3 hour drive home.

Amazing drive, but couldn't ever find a good resting spot for the right leg/knee. I'm a wide dude with a wide stance.

Sitting too close and my knee was hitting screen, too far back and it was resting on the hard console.

Ideal solution may be to completely remove center console and just have open space like in a pickup truck Is that a known mod?

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles
Picked up the X today, did a 3 hour drive home.

Amazing drive, but couldn't ever find a good resting spot for the right leg/knee. I'm a wide dude with a wide stance.

Sitting too close and my knee was hitting screen, too far back and it was resting on the hard console.

Ideal solution may be to completely remove center console and just have open space like in a pickup truck Is that a known mod?
I believe the Model S originally came with no console, so it may be very removable, but I really don't know. That having been said, I'm long and not wide, but I've been irritated by center consoles in several newer (model year 2000+) vehicles in spite of that because the consoles are so high and wide. In the S and X I don't have the issue because the console is so low and narrow that my knee can actually easily stick out above it. However, my current seating position is pretty much all the way down and all the way back, which keeps my knee from touching or extending over the console at all and may make for the least possible blind spots as a bonus.

This makes sense. I'm tall and wide (6'2, 300) and agree about most center consoles. I ended up nearly all the way back, which worked a bit better, but made the screen a bit tougher to reach.

The console does feel like it's not holding a whole lot and it could go. That could really help open up the feel of the vehicle. May be time to bust out the tools and see what's there.

Reactions: beachmiles