Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Know what these lines behind my car are?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These just started showing up today while driving. On 2021.4.12 software.
Inked89a73c23-6a00-45eb-9621-2ac1761fccef_LI.jpg

They are the ultrasonic sensors around the car detecting something close to you (distance indicted by intensify of color and going from red to yellow). They shouldn't show up during driving unless someone is tailgating you or the road is very odd composition.

• Informative
Reactions: techmagnetic
They are the ultrasonic sensors around the car detecting something close to you (distance indicted by intensify of color and going from red to yellow). They shouldn't show up during driving unless someone is tailgating you or the road is very odd composition.
There was no one behind me and it was one a normally paved road. I've seen these before, but only when backing up and the car detects an object in the way. So odd.

Reactions: BerkshireEV
There was no one behind me and it was one a normally paved road. I've seen these before, but only when backing up and the car detects an object in the way. So odd.

It's possible that they could be faulty, but would be surprising for both sides of car to go bad at the same time. I've seen some road surfaces confuse them (one bridge I drive over sets them ALL off and plays havoc with AP), so it might have been that. Try to note where it happens and see if recurs at the same spot (it might also be weather related).

It's possible that they could be faulty, but would be surprising for both sides of car to go bad at the same time. I've seen some road surfaces confuse them (one bridge I drive over sets them ALL off and plays havoc with AP), so it might have been that. Try to note where it happens and see if recurs at the same spot (it might also be weather related).
I think it was something about it being at night and a weird anomaly with the road. Didn't see it today but will check again at night.