Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Known working voice commands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did get the entertainment system to switch from USB to my local radio station once, but I could not get it to do it again. I think I said "Play radio WMMR" (which is the radio station's call letters).
I just tried this multiple times (2019.20.4.2) with and without frequency. Didn't work. What does work switching from USB to radio, albeit the last FM station played, is a long sideways press on the left steering wheel button.

It appears that some commands were added with 40.50.1 that aren't noted in the release notes.

A few that I found,
Climate split/synch and Synch/split climate
Wipers on/off/auto/faster/slower

There are probably more ways to control the wipers but it wasn't raining so I probably looked like an idiot

• Helpful
Reactions: tvad
My experience with texting command:
1) Send text to 'XXX' ccomes up with a message asking for the text I want to send - have to push a button on display to continue.
2) Takes text dictation correctly, but then I have to push another button to send it.
3) Nothing happens, except message box freezes, and...
4) I have to reboot.

I'm at version 2019.40.50.1
What experiences are others having????

1) Send text to 'XXX' ccomes up with a message asking for the text I want to send - have to push a button on display to continue.
2) Takes text dictation correctly, but then I have to push another button to send it.
4) I have to reboot.

Same crashing mine also. Soft booted car twice thinking it was just my phone being "sensitive".

4) I have to reboot.

You are having that problem because you haven't changed the car Bluetooth settings for messages. It's in the release notes.

• Helpful
Reactions: reddy and scottf200
Gotta be a bug, but then I kept saying that if the windows were under the control of the car they would have been available from the app for a LONG time, and then BOOM they release the Vent control. Geez.

I mean, is there ANY heat coming from the wheel?