Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knoxville supercharger - where

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Crossville area a RV park has said they are open to Tesla owners using their RV 50

*RV Park Crossville area
Bean Pot RV park I40 exit 322 email says OK hook up $5 for a few hours
22 Bean Pot Campground Loop Crossville 877 848 7985 Exit 322 (Hwy 101), N on Peavine Rd about 1.3 miles has 50- amp chargers
. I charged here 4/14, I was first Tesla.. Note all sites 30 and 50 amp but 50 amp may be facing wrong way from park site so ask for help.

The Knoxville SC is not yet open

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful of depending on Chademo at Cracker Barrel . Many are inoperative and CB seems to have no interest in repairing them.

In the Crossville area a RV park has said they are open to Tesla owners using their RV 50

*RV Park Crossville area
22 Bean Pot Campground Loop Crossville 877 848 7985 Exit 322 (Hwy 101), N on Peavine Rd about 1.3 miles has 50- amp chargers
. I charged here 4/14, I was first Tesla.. Note all sites 30 and 50 amp but 50 amp may be facing wrong way from park site so ask for help.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful of depending on Chademo at Cracker Barrel . Many are inoperative and CB seems to have no interest in repairing them.
Thanks. That's 4 miles from the in-laws. I will be checking it out in about two months.

*RV Park Crossville area

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because they do not belong to CB. Most are provided on CB property but actually belong to ChargePoint or Blink.

Be careful of depending on Chademo at Cracker Barrel . Many are inoperative and CB seems to have no interest in repairing them.[/QUOTE]

This is a Blink issue not Cracker Barrel. When Nissan moved its headquarters to Nashville Cracker Barrel stepped up as a good Tennessee Corporation and assisted in locating the Blink chargers at their stores. I read that Nissan subsidized Blink to build this network for Nissan Leaf. In return Cracker Barrel got incredible headaches because the chargers are poorly located, constantly Iced and mostly inoperable. For over a year I have been using these Chademo chargers and found them less than 50% operable and Blink is entirely unresponsive. I found the Cracker Barrel managers frustrated by this.

This is a Blink issue not Cracker Barrel. When Nissan moved its headquarters to Nashville Cracker Barrel stepped up as a good Tennessee Corporation and assisted in locating the Blink chargers at their stores. I read that Nissan subsidized Blink to build this network for Nissan Leaf. In return Cracker Barrel got incredible headaches because the chargers are poorly located, constantly Iced and mostly inoperable. For over a year I have been using these Chademo chargers and found them less than 50% operable and Blink is entirely unresponsive. I found the Cracker Barrel managers frustrated by this.

I love Cracker Barrel, but they didn't sign up out of the goodness of their hearts. They signed up for "green credit" and good publicity.

I found some of the EVGO chargers to be reliable but very expensive and I think only in Nashville. These are the ones that are now free for 2 years to new Leaf owners. I have always found one of the two Chademo chargers to work at Cracker Barrel except Lebanon (has'nt worked for almost two years), Campbell Station Rd in Knoxville (Screen faces into sun and can't be read and often won't work anyway), Cleveland TN has only had both inoperative on two occasions. One has always worked at Crossville, Rockwood, South Pittsburg, Murfreesboro, Mt Juliet and Nashville I-40 about exit 220 Bell Rd? I have tried every one except Cookeville over the past 18 months. I used the Blink Chademo in Chattanooga at the Sears store last year and one side worked but visited two more times and it did not work.

I found some of the EVGO chargers to be reliable but very expensive and I think only in Nashville. These are the ones that are now free for 2 years to new Leaf owners. I have always found one of the two Chademo chargers to work at Cracker Barrel except Lebanon (has'nt worked for almost two years), Campbell Station Rd in Knoxville (Screen faces into sun and can't be read and often won't work anyway), Cleveland TN has only had both inoperative on two occasions. One has always worked at Crossville, Rockwood, South Pittsburg, Murfreesboro, Mt Juliet and Nashville I-40 about exit 220 Bell Rd? I have tried every one except Cookeville over the past 18 months. I used the Blink Chademo in Chattanooga at the Sears store last year and one side worked but visited two more times and it did not work.

Thanks for info. Charged at Knoxville Super Charger today.

I tried it from work and home last night, it wasn't there then but it is now.

Knoxville Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Now I still don't see it changed on the main supercharger map on the website but that might be my proxy at work caching the old map.

The map currently shows the Nashville supercharger (which is planned but doesn't exist) in red and Knoxville in "coming soon" gray.

I suspect that it is a geography problem ;p