TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Korean Luxury EV Manufacturer launches new models

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by markwj, Feb 23, 2013.

1. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

A friend just came back from a trade show in China where he stumbled across a Korean EV manufacturer launching some pretty cool new luxury EVs.

He handed me a catalog, that really looks more polished than anything I've seen from Tesla, BMW or anyone. I took some photos to share.

They have two trim levels: The M7 Phantom and M7 Premium.

3.JPG

Both include their proprietary Battery Management System, and have driver LCD and voice guidance.

2.JPG

Feature-wise, they seems pretty tricked-out. They're using a patented drive-by-wire electronic steering system - with no physical attachment between the steering wheel and the axels, they claim steering can be precisely managed.

With dual rear-wheel drive motors, sensors feed back differences in rev counts between the motors to auto-adjust the steering alignment. Neat.

Three driving modes - Comfort (eco), Normal and Dynamic (sport) - with dynamic mode being subject to parental control.

1.JPG 4.JPG
    5.JPG 6.JPG

One really cool feature is the wireless control system. A RF wireless controller can be used to take over control from the in-vehicle driver, or provide 'educational guidance'.

An Active Safety Driving Control system learns from current, voltage, rev counts, steering position and temperature - comparing driving pattern against history to detect dangerous or abnormal conditions and actively perform emergency braking.

Triple built-in speakers and an MP3 based stereo make up the sound system.

7.JPG 8.JPG

Spec sheet shows a range of 12km (M7 Premium) or 9km (M7 Phantom), and top speed of 7kph - based on cheap replaceable 12v 10Ah or 7Ah lead acid battery technology.

At 1.2m long, 0.64m wide, and with a weight restriction of just 30kg, it is a little tight for me (even compared to my Roadster). But, my kids would love it.

9.JPG

Not sure about pricing, but I saw wholesale prices up starting at US$250.

P.S. My friend got to page #35 (of a 40 page catalog) before he realised this is a car for kids. How far through my post did you get?

HENES M7

henesm7_2_en.jpg

2. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Awsm!

Tapatalkin' from iTalatut...

3. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Haha. Got suspicious at " RF wireless controller for parental guidance" and the range was the give-away. Pretty cool stuff though!

4. Bipo

Bipo Member

Great post markwj, brilliant haha

5. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

:biggrin:
    I was thinking ..wow those wheels are ugly. As for the wire controlled steering, I have read some car companies are/might be doing this already.

Great post!

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Took me til like the third set of pics... I was like "they made a toy version already?"

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Pretty funny.

On the 4th picture I saw the steering wheel was over the windshield and wondered what kind of weird hipster art direction/photography are they doing to distort the car like that?

8. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Me too. I was wondering if it was vaporware because the dimensions looked wrong.

9. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

#9 spatterso911, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Here they are in action...

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Video is great!

Looks like a lot more than $250.

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'd totally buy my kid a tesla power wheels

12. markwj

#12 markwj, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Nice find. At 1:09 and 2:55 they've even dancing Gangham Style!

13. markwj

That was a wholesale price I found on a China sourcing price. I'm guessing retail a lot more than that.

14. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

Lol, that totally had me going for awhile :)