Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kumho spare tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rgvance

Jun 25, 2021
USA
Hello! Just took delivery last month of my MY. Love it! I've gathered all the necessary adapter charging cables, floor mats and a 240v charger in the garage. I also have a small air compressor and a plug kit in the frunk. My question is old school thinking. Will a Kumho donut spare tire work, as long as I have the correct bolt pattern? I've done a few 300+ mile trips and feel the need for a spare "Just in case". Not posting to debate the need for a spare, just thoughts on an emergency spare. Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person

You could try something like this:
It's close, looks like they're trying to use same tire from model 3 as it's an 18"--it's only .3 inch shy of stock diameter and would be OK for short use.
Another option is to try and buy a spare from another owner who upgraded their rims/tires--I've got 4 sitting here
Not sure the donut would be much better as the diameter has to be close to be useful

You could try something like this:
It's close, looks like they're trying to use same tire from model 3 as it's an 18"--it's only .3 inch shy of stock diameter and would be OK for short use.
Another option is to try and buy a spare from another owner who upgraded their rims/tires--I've got 4 sitting here
Not sure the donut would be much better as the diameter has to be close to be useful
If you were in my area I would buy one from you.