Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KW v3 Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone interested, just got these in
KW1.jpg
KW2.jpg

I've just been a happy customer of theirs in past vehicles so I knew the quality was top notch... This is their standard retail product, nothing was "custom" specifically for me. I put my order in at the end of July and just got them in. Local shop is installing them as I type =D

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Nice, please post pics when it’s done! How low are you going to go?

Weather in Seattle area isn't great this week, so excuse my dirty car :p

This particular shop recommended a 1-2 finger gap (this is their 3rd full coilover install, 2 MPP and my KW) so I went with that... Ride feels great (dampers are just set to be in the middle of the range), its still super comfortable but it just feels like you have more command & control, no issues with Autopilot / NoA

IMG_20191112_155406.jpg
IMG_20191112_132517.jpg IMG_20191112_132543.jpg IMG_20191112_155734_260.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Weather in Seattle area isn't great this week, so excuse my dirty car :p

This particular shop recommended a 1-2 finger gap (this is their 3rd full coilover install, 2 MPP and my KW) so I went with that... Ride feels great (dampers are just set to be in the middle of the range), its still super comfortable but it just feels like you have more command & control, no issues with Autopilot / NoA

View attachment 476558 View attachment 476556 View attachment 476557 View attachment 476559
I just ordered these too. Have you encountered any ground clearance issues with 1-2finger gap between wheel and fender? Thanks!

Did you have problems scraping the bottom of the car when reaching the top of steep ramps, or large speed bumps?
nothing that was unexpected... but yeah you avoid the obviously large speed bumps and driveways, my own driveway for example I could only go up on one side =D part of the reason for me selling my wheels and raising it a bit was so my wife was more comfortable driving it and the 3 gets driven so little now - only put ~500 miles on it YTD!