Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KW v3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys

I have just took delivery last week of my MYP and for the love of God, its super harsh. Very hard ride..

I was considering the KW v3. Anyone has experience with them? Will they actually make any change?

All reviews say KW V3 offers great handling and comfort, but I am not sure how. Great handling means stiff damping/spring. Wobbly/soft spring/damping will give you body roll and not so much great handling (it's just physics). I'd rather change out your wheel and tire to 18" (if that's your goal), which will be easier, faster, and cheaper to notice improvement.

Hello guys

I have just took delivery last week of my MYP and for the love of God, its super harsh. Very hard ride..

I was considering the KW v3. Anyone has experience with them? Will they actually make any change?
This is a common complaint. Elon has mentioned recent suspension improvements; however, I think they are marginal at best.

It's a great ride when there are no bumps on the road.

All reviews say KW V3 offers great handling and comfort, but I am not sure how. Great handling means stiff damping/spring. Wobbly/soft spring/damping will give you body roll and not so much great handling (it's just physics). I'd rather change out your wheel and tire to 18" (if that's your goal), which will be easier, faster, and cheaper to notice improvement.
Great handling does not mean stiff damping/spring. That's a surprisingly misinformed take on suspension.

Anyways OP, search the forum, there's a zillion posts and threads on the KW V3 and variants.

There's no question that the Model Y has a stiff suspension, but I think how stiff it feels also depend on the person/people riding in it. I recently rented a 22 MYLR/Induction wheels with a build date of 3/2022. I drove it for 4 days and honestly did not feel like the ride is any different from my 21 MYP built 8/2021, which I've driven for a year and have no issues with its ride. So I guess for people like me who aren't that sensitive to ride quality, Model Y's suspension setup isn't really a problem. I guess people should really try to test drive these cars before buying.