TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

L.A. to S.F. advice...

Discussion in 'California' started by Joetnr1, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Heading up to San Francisco next month from L.A. in my MS 70. Definitely planning on taking the 5 on the way up, but looking for something a little more scenic on the way back. I've seen the 101 route mentioned quite a bit and I'm curious if anyone has a particular southern route that offers decent scenery and plenty of SC's. Thanks!

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#2 ecarfan, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Just take the 101 south all the way. Even more SCs than on the 5.
    For a scenic detour, do a max charge at the Seaside Supercharger near Montery and then take Hwy 1 down to Cambria and take Hwy 46 eat back to the 101 and charge at Atascadero. You should be able to do that comfortably in a 70D, just keep a light foot on the Go Pedal.

3. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Sounds perfect I'm in! Thank you.

4. Jool

Jool Member

Yes, definitely take the 101 back! I drove up that way to Monterey after I got my Model S and it was a lovely drive :smile: Just keep your speed reasonable, although the speed of traffic around there will probably keep you in check anyway.

5. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Yes, I've done this route and I Concur. The views on the PCH south of Monterey are spectacular and you will never have range anxiety due to SC placement.