Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

L2 wall connectors at superchargers. Free? When to use them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some supercharger locations like Barstow, CA (Tanger Way) and Tusayan, AZ have a row of L2 Tesla "destination chargers."

Are they Free?

When would you use them?
Older ones would work for the general public including non-Tesla cars with j1772 adapters.

The current ones have wifi and the owner can set the options such as for everyone, for Tesla only... And in the future, collect fee for charge.

They are slow so you should use them if you won't need to drive like overnight.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Older ones would work for the general public including non-Tesla cars with j1772 adapters.

The current ones have wifi and the owner can set the options such as for everyone, for Tesla only... And in the future, collect fee for charge.

They are slow so you should use them if you won't need to drive like overnight.
There are now J-1772 adapters with bypass circuit that allow non-Tesla EVs to charge even if the Wall Charger is set to restricted mode.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Interesting. I didn't know about the reverse J1772 adaptors.

These locations each have about a dozen L2 chargers. That's unusual for destinations, i.e. more drivers than I'd expect to have something to do while slow charging. They are next to hotels, so maybe they're the destination chargers of the future.