Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

L3 Charging Project - Tonasket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plug-In North Central Washington has partnered with ChargePoint and the City of Tonasket to apply for project funding from the Washington State EV registration pool to install an ExpressPoint 200 with CHAdeMO and CCS connectors. We have concluded the utilities survey and are currently working with the Okanogan PUD to establish provisioning and construction costs. This is our first Level 3 charger and we are motivated. Our mid-term intention is L3 charging every 50 miles from Wenatchee to Osoyoos, BC. More at: www.pluginncw.com

Washington State is still working on the rules but we are going to be the first to present a ready to go project.
Express 200.jpg

Our proposal for funding was submitted at 1:07 PM Friday the 12th of May! In the end we submitted for about $380,000 of which Plug-In NCW and partners will contribute nearly $83,000 to set up five Chargepoint Express L3 chargers along Highway 97 between Wentachee and Osoyoos, BC. We have nominated Wenatchee, Chelan, Pateros, Omak and Tonasket as sites. This was a very BIG undertaking and the all volunteer team at Plug-In NCW really put a lot of effort into making this application within the very short period of time allowed. In fact, I bet that WADOT could not plan to repaint the strips on five miles of Highway 97 in the few weeks applicants were allowed to build construction timelines and budgets. Anyway, may be that WADOT already knows how it will spend your $50 EV impoundment; you know like on I-5 and I-90... I think I will start a campaign; "Why-90" to highlight the benefits of travel on Highway 2. Charge across Washington launches on June the 7th...

Reactions: goneskiian
So our proposal was not selected for funding; but several very good central Washington routes will benefit from L3 opportunities. The GREEN lines are the awarded routes while the RED Dots are the submitted proposals, Plug-In NCW submitted under our parnet organization North Central Washington Economic Development District (NCWEDD)
Awarded EVSE Location WA.png

Mixed news for sure. Thanks for your continued efforts Jack!

I did use the CHAdeMO in Wenatchee when I was there a month and a half ago (or so) for a bicycle stage race but forgot to check in on Plugshare. It worked great despite one hiccup that I think was my blunder (despite having used it once before). Great stuff for sure!

I also used the L2 in Waterville while racing North of town.

Cheers!