Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA County Powerwall Installers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyone in LA County here with recent Powerwall order and install experience? Which installer did you use? What kind of pricing are you finding from third party installers?

I recently had 34 360W LG panels IQ7+ micro installed and now I'd like to get 3 Powerwalls. I'm an SCE custimer and eligible for the $1/W sgip equity resilience rebate.

I have a quote from one local installer with inventory but they are asking a few thousand above the rebate which seems kind of high.

Is there anyone in LA County here with recent Powerwall order and install experience? Which installer did you use? What kind of pricing are you finding from third party installers?

I recently had 34 360W LG panels IQ7+ micro installed and now I'd like to get 3 Powerwalls. I'm an SCE custimer and eligible for the $1/W sgip equity resilience rebate.

I have a quote from one local installer with inventory but they are asking a few thousand above the rebate which seems kind of high.
Is their still money in SCE for ER rebate? PGE is out

SCE SGIP ER is currently in step 5. I just received an email from them yesterday stating my application is under review, but it is not reserved until they approve it. 2 powerwalls = $11,100 rebate. If you meet the criteria. This was through Tesla energy. They apparently have powerwalls in abundance. One of the installers dropped his hammer drill on top of one of my power walls and dented the heck out of it. I had a brand new one in a few days. (According to the electricians on my nest cam that was the second time the same guy has done that).

I am in north LA county.

Attachments

• D8D878DF-A8CF-42A7-BE49-7EF2359EE5F3.jpeg
    D8D878DF-A8CF-42A7-BE49-7EF2359EE5F3.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Funny
Reactions: MJ_CA_2019
SCE SGIP ER is currently in step 5. I just received an email from them yesterday stating my application is under review, but it is not reserved until they approve it. 2 powerwalls = $11,100 rebate. If you meet the criteria. This was through Tesla energy. They apparently have powerwalls in abundance. One of the installers dropped his hammer drill on top of one of my power walls and dented the heck out of it. I had a brand new one in a few days. (According to the electricians on my nest cam that was the second time the same guy has done that).

I am in north LA county.

Who is your Tesla Energy service advisor that is familiar with the ER submission process? They weren't able to submit the reservation prior to installation? How long did you wait for Tesla to do your install? They told me 4 months+ for Powerwall only jnstalls.

Regarding the rebate amount, was 11100 your contract price for 2 Powerwalls? ER rebates are supposedly $1/W and 2 walls are currently shown as $19000.

60k for 5 is under the rebate allowance. At least in the SCE market, I believe the storage inverter is limited to 1.5x the generating facility size. Since my solar is 12.24kW DC, I'm limited to 3 (15kW) Powerwalls.

60k for 5 is under the rebate allowance. At least in the SCE market, I believe the storage inverter is limited to 1.5x the generating facility size. Since my solar is 12.24kW DC, I'm limited to 3 (15kW) Powerwalls.
Yep, my rebate amount is 66K. But, they are not supposed to charge most than it costs. And since one in theory only needs one GW, the cost for the ones are the first should be less, as my bid shows. Otherwise, IMO, the installer is milking the system which is why there are issues.

They're not supposed to charge more than they would for the same install without the rebate -- obviously enough gray area for an installer to claim any given install is complex and warranting some extra coin.

Regardless you won't get a rebate larger than $13.2k x # of powerwalls nor larger than the actual system cost.

So who was your installer? For the cost of these installs, maybe they do a job in socal.

Who is your Tesla Energy service advisor that is familiar with the ER submission process? They weren't able to submit the reservation prior to installation? How long did you wait for Tesla to do your install? They told me 4 months+ for Powerwall only jnstalls.

Regarding the rebate amount, was 11100 your contract price for 2 Powerwalls? ER rebates are supposedly $1/W and 2 walls are currently shown as $19000.

I paid $11,000 for both. That was back in September when they were $6500. But they are taking out the 26% tax out of the rebate. Originally it was shown as $15,000 ... less 26% equals $11,000

Attachments

• 550D435E-A350-48F4-B24E-514C630C94A4.jpeg
    550D435E-A350-48F4-B24E-514C630C94A4.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 80
Very nice. Congrats. My advice is to put out a nice spread for the install crew.... donuts and coffee for breakfast, sandwiches or pizza for lunch, and a stocked cooler of cold beverages all day. Also get the personal cell phone # of the project lead and/or master electrician.
Sadly, still no planned install date. Baby steps I suppose.

Now waiting on inspections, PTO and SGIP equity resilience check. They all ended up in the garage as CA Fire Code rule changes eliminated my desired outdoor location.

Funny side note: we had 4 power outages last night starting just as the install was wrapping up. After the 3rd outage, I was able to self commision the system. I woke up to find that the system properly kept us running during the 4th. It was very odd timing for that to happen as power outages have been very rare around here.
20220817_122714.jpg
20220817_122718.jpg
20220817_122728.jpg
20220817_122815.jpg
20220817_122821.jpg
20220817_122826.jpg

Attachments

• 20220817_122704.jpg
    20220817_122704.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
This option popped up yesterday. I didn't expect to see this as an option here in SoCal and on SCE. Since I'm taking equity resilience and not ITC, maybe I'm allowed to enable it? If export everything ever appears the combination would greatly expand the total energy consumption available at only NBC rates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222_043359_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222_043359_Tesla.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 42