Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA service centers - Really upset!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a mobile tech service booked for today out of the Burbank SC. They sent a confirmation email a few days ago, then I get to the appt window today and check the app. My appt moved another week without warning.

I contacted the Burbank center, but the phone rings incessantly. I contacted customer care, who also called and couldn't get an answer. Then one customer service agent was able to get ahold of the Burbank manager, Michael, using their internal chat. Michael said he'd call me later, but I'm literally sitting here waiting for my appointment, can't get in touch with anyone, and took the day off for this appointment.

I then looked at Yelp and saw that the LA service centers have had this issue for over a year - not just Burbank. I asked the CS for the contact info of the GM who oversees all the LA SCs, they didn't have it.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that they'd change an appointment without warning, not pick up the phone when people are calling, and even when someone does get ahold of them on their internal system, the answer is, "I'll call back later."

Wtf...

• Informative
Reactions: LionXng
OP feel for you sitting around waiting at the last minute. Overworked and hard to reach SvC have been a gripe for sometime. I had my AC condenser cleaned and new filters put in recently by mobile and once I got the online appointment I had pretty good email contact with them leading up to the appointment, but trying to reach anyone by phone is difficult to say the least.

Looks like there will be some new Service Centers coming on line soon according to this Electrek article today. From Guillen: "...Some exciting openings coming up in the coming weeks...." I know I'm hoping we get something closer to where we live and know there are a lot of Teslas driving around here so hopefully the numbers work to our favor for a new location. I want to get my FSD update installed and it needs to go into SvC for that and maybe left for the day and with covid it's making it very hard for us to schedule. Not that I'm driving all that much at this point but would like to get it done. Having one closer will make it much easier to schedule. Given Guillen's comments I'll be checking out the Tesla map for new locations to appear. Tesla has been installing a number of new Supercharger locations during the past 6 months and through covid shutdowns so that's been encouraging.

Tesla is looking for new locations 'immediately available' to expand service - Electrek

Last edited:
OP feel for you sitting around waiting at the last minute. Overworked and hard to reach SvC have been a gripe for sometime. I had my AC condenser cleaned and new filters put in recently by mobile and once I got the online appointment I had pretty good email contact with them leading up to the appointment, but trying to reach anyone by phone is difficult to say the least.

Looks like there will be some new Service Centers coming on line soon according to this Electrek article today. From Guillen: "...Some exciting openings coming up in the coming weeks...." I know I'm hoping we get something closer to where we live and know there are a lot of Teslas driving around here so hopefully the numbers work to our favor for a new location. I want to get my FSD update installed and it needs to go into SvC for that and maybe left for the day and with covid it's making it very hard for us to schedule. Not that I'm driving all that much at this point but would like to get it done. Having one closer will make it much easier to schedule. Given Guillen's comments I'll be checking out the Tesla map for new locations to appear. Tesla has been installing a number of new Supercharger locations during the past 6 months and through covid shutdowns so that's been encouraging.

Tesla is looking for new locations 'immediately available' to expand service - Electrek

they need to put one in the temecula/murrieta/elsinore area. our closest options are carlsbad, rancho, OC or palm springs. all are at least an hour away.

Tesla service has a lot of issues. They are not known for consistently great customer service. Sometimes it’s great...many times it’s downright awful.

But taking an entire day off work for a mobile appointment seems a bit extreme. You can remotely unlock the car for the tech when they arrive at your place of work. Even if you need to meet them it would only be for a few minutes. It hardly seems worth taking an entire day off for.

Reactions: lUtriaNt