TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

LA (SoCal) Window Tint

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jlucero, Oct 2, 2015.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

for those MS owners in LA or Socal, what is the darkest tint youve been able to accomplish on side windows and back window without detection from the police?

Laws are different in texas, but we will be in LA alot, so i want to be compliant with both states, but as dark as possible.

2. liuping

liuping Active Member

Legally in CA, it's 0% on the windshield and 80% on the front side windows.

However, tons of cars have WAY darker tint than that on the front side windows. I used PhotoSync 45 last time (and probably will again) and it was not to dark.

3. steph280

steph280 Member

You got the numbers wrong. They should represent the amount of light that passes through. So windshield should be 100% (no tint). Can't recall what it is for front windows.

I've got like 5 tickets since teen for window tinting. But recently I've found the police are more lenient for this kind of stuff, at least in our city. It may be regional thing.

4. MrJones390

MrJones390 Space Boat

Do you have the pano roof? It makes a big difference with how much an officer can see you. I have the pano roof and 25% tints all around, haven't had a problem yet. Had 5% (limo) tints on my WRX and got 2 fix-it tickets.