Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA street light chargers with gas cars in sports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in an LA neighborhood with limited street parking. On my street is a FLO charger hooked to a street light. Seems perfect for overnight charging (assuming you can charge for 10 straight hours). Because of the limited parking, I often see gas cars in these residential street parking ev charging spaces. Is this illegal? And if so, how do you get these cars ticketed and/or towed at night, which is when I'd like to use the charger.

My other question is, for anyone who's used these chargers, is there a time limit?

There is no way in !@#$$@$ I would EVER consider "having a car towed" that was parked in a space like that, even if it IS illegal (which I have no idea).

Think it through to the end, just for a few minutes....

Even if you could get the car towed, or ticketed, if YOU start parking there all the time, the person who WAS parking there would assume that it was you who reported them (whether it was you or not). They likely live in the area, just like you. Spin that forward, and now you have an angry person, and your car, outside, all night.

Not a great recipe for "success" in my opinion. Risk of car egging, other harassment, etc. The charge cable locks to the car but the other end certainly would not "lock" to any sort of outlet, so at a minimum, someone who was annoyed could unplug the plug every night. Human beings being what they are, if someone had a reason to think that you singled them out, it...would... happen.

Your best bet in using that outlet would be to try to use it when its open, and give up on the idea of trying to get someone with an ICE car ticketed or something... that would be a losing proposition for you if you started parking there, for sure.... even if you were in the right, which I am not sure you would be.