Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA times article

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its true. My Model x was delivered 4 weeks ago and it has been in the shop 2 of those 4 due to slow repairs, wait for parts, and also missed service issues. Service centers where i am (southern cal) are inundated with cars. Very slow. Loaners are rare.

I'm a prospective model 3 buyer and ran into this LA times article:

Good news: Your Tesla Model 3 is finally ready. Bad news: It may take weeks to get it serviced

Good news: Your Tesla Model 3 is finally ready. Bad news: It may take weeks to get it serviced

I wanted to see what everyone's opinion's of this article and if any of what they have said is really valid....

Thanks

I had a problem with my 3, called the Tesla number. Connected pretty much right away. The guy I talked to was very knowledgable and explained how to reboot the 3 which solved my problem of the LCD not turning off when I locked the car. He then scheduled an appt for me the next day at the nearest service center. When I was at the service center they took me on a test ride and explained the steering wheel shake/vibration was Lane Departure Warning so user error. It will occasionally happen even when I signal, so I just turned it off. They also downloaded the latest firmware and then I installed at home. I can't say anything about experiences in the article, but my experiences with calling Tesla and visiting the service center in Sunnyvale, Ca have both been 5 stars out of 5.

Reactions: hiroshiy