TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

LA to Mammoth

Discussion in 'California' started by Jojo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Jojo

Jojo New Member

I have a new 85 Tesla S. After stopping at the SC in Barstow, has anyone made it to Mammoth? Where is there a spot to top off for a couple of hours?

2. fengshui

fengshui Member

There are some RV parks along 365, including in Bishop. That may be your best bet.

3. Jojo

Jojo New Member

Thanks, since I posted, I've found an RV park in Inyokern and a Ramada Limited in Bishop

4. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

I started a thread on this here (Mods, please merge)

Basically, until the SC's get installed, RV parks are you only choice. Also, there is no good option to charge while in Mammoth, unless you have private access to a garage with power. You'll definitely need it as you'll burn some juice up the hill. There is an RV park in Mammoth whom I spoke with a couple of weeks ago. They were utterly confused by my request. They max at 30 Amps during the winter, as their 50 Amp slots are not paved and only open in the summer. This is all a PITA to get up there, but I hope to do it myself. Personally, I wouldn't do it until the SC's are in.