Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA to Vegas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The charger at the Venetian Palazzo is listed on charge point, but as far as I can tell, the two GE durastation (J1772) chargers on the sixth floor of the main Venetian self parking garage are not listed on charge point. These two GE chargers are listed on plugshare and recargo, but recargo displays "no in use info" for them and I think the plugshare entries are confusing the Palazzo valet and Venetian self park chargers. In any event, as of 11 pm on Thursday, my car was happily charging from one of the 6th floor GE chargers and the other GE charger was empty.

Thanks for the update. We are leaving this morning and were planning on driving over to Venetian and charging up to normal range charge once we arrived( if a spot is available). Than move the car to a normal spot. Than maybe Sunday plug in for a range charge

Yes, if that's true I will be staying at Aria from now on. In addition to the faster recharge rate, these spots won't be Volt'd. Would love if someone could confirm this.

I read this post below from the Tesla forums a while back, and now with this report of the NEMA 14-50's at Aria North Valet, I think makes more sense to me now - because in the post, the person "lbsolar" says that the Aria staff used his "cord and adapter" - presumably his UMC and 14-50 adapter. From the post, he seems to imply that it was a relatively quick charge and not a 110V charge but I suppose I can't prove that. What would be great is to have true confirmation by someone actually going to the Aria North Valet and checking through the app that they were indeed getting NEMA 14-50 charging rates. Aria is close enough to Cosmo as well as perhaps other hotels making it much more convenient than having to go all the way to Circus Circus KOA in order to get those kinds of charging rates.

"lbsolar | APRIL 11, 2013In Las Vegas, I left my Tesla with the Aria valet staff twice and they turned out to be competent. They wouldn't let me go with them to the chargers but they did use our cord and adapter. I verified that the Tesla was charging by using the app."

I read this post below from the Tesla forums a while back, and now with this report of the NEMA 14-50's at Aria North Valet, I think makes more sense to me now - because in the post, the person "lbsolar" says that the Aria staff used his "cord and adapter" - presumably his UMC and 14-50 adapter. From the post, he seems to imply that it was a relatively quick charge and not a 110V charge but I suppose I can't prove that. What would be great is to have true confirmation by someone actually going to the Aria North Valet and checking through the app that they were indeed getting NEMA 14-50 charging rates. Aria is close enough to Cosmo as well as perhaps other hotels making it much more convenient than having to go all the way to Circus Circus KOA in order to get those kinds of charging rates.

"lbsolar | APRIL 11, 2013In Las Vegas, I left my Tesla with the Aria valet staff twice and they turned out to be competent. They wouldn't let me go with them to the chargers but they did use our cord and adapter. I verified that the Tesla was charging by using the app."

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. In general, I hate valet parking, but in this case it might just be worth it.