TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lacewood or Obeche wood matte?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by grand, Feb 19, 2014.

1. grand

grand New Member

I am from China. I order a MS multi-Red and grey leather. I have to decide which decor before 02/27.
    Lacewood or Obeche wood matte?
    Please give me some suggestion and real photo.

2. Ames

Ames Member

Did you get to see these in person?

I would say lacewood with grey interior, obeche matte with beige or black. The new horizontal grain on the obeche matte is really nice...

3. tezco

tezco Sig P85

I have the Lacewood with the Sig white interior. I think Lacewood complements the simplicity of the interior. It doesn't draw any attention to itself, yet it looks good when you happen to check it out.

4. Bound466

Bound466 Member

Go with Lacewood. It's just a really nice texture and pattern, not your typical wood patterns you see. Of course, in the end, it's really whatever you like, what looks good to you. You can't go wrong with any of the interior combinations.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have the Lacewood in my grey interior but it was a difficult choice between that and the Obeche which is beautiful but probably goes better with the black or beige interior.

Go to Google Images and search for "tesla wood trim" and you will find lots of photos of each.

6. GDH

GDH Banned

#6 GDH, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    To be honest I dont even notice the trim when I am in my car (I have Lacewood), I would just go with what's free and put the money else where.

7. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

We have Obeche Matte though with black interior. It does have some grey to it so might look nice with grey. We're very happy with it.

obeche.jpg

8. glhs272

glhs272 Unnamed plug faced villian

I ended up choosing lacewood without even seeing it. Very happy with the results.

9. paulkva

paulkva Member

10. TheAustin

TheAustin Model S: P2009 P85

As stated by several other people, the obeche matte looks great, especially with the grey interior. I know some people prefer the lacewood to the obeche, but in my opinion, when you look at the two of them side by side, the obeche blows the lacewood away...It is very luxurious looking, while also have a very quiet, zen feel to it. In comparison, the lacewood just looks a bit cheep and uninteresting.

11. Neech

Neech Member

#11 Neech, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014

Funny, I thought the exact opposite. I chose the lacewood because it was unique and the wood pattern had an interesting texture and look. But the obeche did nothing for me, kind of old fashioned looking. It's all personal preference, OP needs to go see the samples in the Tesla store and pick a favorite.

12. Terapin

Terapin Member

Just a note that the lacewood sample in the store and in the test drive looked a little ragged, with some thin strands of wood starting to come off at the edges. It looked quite fragile and soft. I chose the obeche matte myself.