TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lacewood vs carbon fiber

Discussion in 'Model S' started by irvineboy, Jan 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

What's the difference? They look similar in pictures

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

#2 BertL, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Lacewood is natural wood -- it is no longer an option as decor trim on new MS. Carbon fiber is man made (black/silver/grey patterned tone). Some pictures of both in a number of threads -- this one has several of carbon fiber. Google Images also has many examples of both.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

To me they look very different. I have the now discontinued Lacewood, which I like very much. Carbon fiber looks great too.

4. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

I'm so jealous of those that got Lacewood. It disappeared right before I was able to put my order in. The Matte Obeche is nice... but mmmm dat Lacewood depth.

I had a fun glitch with my order on the MyTesla dashboard because of my order age. I put in the deposit for the car way back before that one price hike (where if you put down the $5k deposit you'd lock in the old pricing for some amount of time) when Lacewood was still available. I had all the options at that time saved and then didn't touch it again until I had hit my savings goal.

When I loaded up the order everything was all wigged out. They had changed the pictures used for the car but my old options were still loading on top so I had a Lacewood dashboard floating in the middle of nowhere. I got it fixed after e-mailing and calls with Sales (super friendly and helpful!) and ended up with everything set right. I asked if I could still Get Lacewood since it was *technically* on my order. The rep chuckled and said he didn't think that would be possible still. *shrug* It was worth a try :)

5. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

The sticker says lacewood but it looks like carbon fiber. Could they have it printed in error?

laceboow.jpg

6. BertL

BertL Active Member

Carbon fiber. Compare to those photos in my previous link.

7. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

This is a picture of lacewood. Capture.JPG