Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lacewood vs carbon fiber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so jealous of those that got Lacewood. It disappeared right before I was able to put my order in. The Matte Obeche is nice... but mmmm dat Lacewood depth.

I had a fun glitch with my order on the MyTesla dashboard because of my order age. I put in the deposit for the car way back before that one price hike (where if you put down the $5k deposit you'd lock in the old pricing for some amount of time) when Lacewood was still available. I had all the options at that time saved and then didn't touch it again until I had hit my savings goal.

When I loaded up the order everything was all wigged out. They had changed the pictures used for the car but my old options were still loading on top so I had a Lacewood dashboard floating in the middle of nowhere. I got it fixed after e-mailing and calls with Sales (super friendly and helpful!) and ended up with everything set right. I asked if I could still Get Lacewood since it was *technically* on my order. The rep chuckled and said he didn't think that would be possible still. *shrug* It was worth a try :)

The sticker says lacewood but it looks like carbon fiber. Could they have it printed in error?

laceboow.jpg