Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of Armrest Padding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I knew there was a problem when after driving a couple of crappy ICE's and thinking to myself that their armrests felt so much better than my Model S's. If anyone has any ideas to improve the padding of the armrests, I would appreciate it. I really don't want to end up velcroing cushions to the armrests but I might have to. The hard plastic armrests ruin an otherwise sublime ride.

I knew there was a problem when after driving a couple of crappy ICE's and thinking to myself that their armrests felt so much better than my Model S's. If anyone has any ideas to improve the padding of the armrests, I would appreciate it. I really don't want to end up velcroing cushions to the armrests but I might have to. The hard plastic armrests ruin an otherwise sublime ride.

Raise the issue to Tesla, get an official response..

Yea, same here. Might be the least comfortable armrest I've had. And it's set back a little far (and I keep my seat reasonably far back even for 5'10") so my arm hangs off more than I'd like rather than resting on it.

It's a small thing, but it's annoying on longer drives.

I agree too. I have an achy elbow (which is generally a bit dodgy). Can't think of an easy fix though, short or resurfacing them.