TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lack of Armrest Padding

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by bigsmooth125, May 23, 2013.

1. bigsmooth125

bigsmooth125 Member

I knew there was a problem when after driving a couple of crappy ICE's and thinking to myself that their armrests felt so much better than my Model S's. If anyone has any ideas to improve the padding of the armrests, I would appreciate it. I really don't want to end up velcroing cushions to the armrests but I might have to. The hard plastic armrests ruin an otherwise sublime ride.

2. Electric1

Electric1 Member

3. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

Raise the issue to Tesla, get an official response..

4. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Yea, same here. Might be the least comfortable armrest I've had. And it's set back a little far (and I keep my seat reasonably far back even for 5'10") so my arm hangs off more than I'd like rather than resting on it.

It's a small thing, but it's annoying on longer drives.

5. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I agree too. I have an achy elbow (which is generally a bit dodgy). Can't think of an easy fix though, short or resurfacing them.

6. Shakespear

Shakespear Member

Maybe a fix will be ready in 2015