TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lack of delivery update left me with no time to sell my P85+

Discussion in 'Model S' started by rdalcanto, May 6, 2015.

1. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

I decided to upgrade to the P85D. Had I not checked "My Tesla" on the website, I would have had no warning at all. On Monday I checked the status and learned it was on a truck. Called Tesla to get more info, and found out it was arriving to the Service Center today! I think I could have sold it pretty well myself if I had a couple weeks. Now I'm left with 2 days to sell it, or trade it in for the tax break. If I was really confident I could get a lot more than the trade in value + tax break incentive I would hold on to it longer, but I don't know if it is worth the hassle. Put it on Auto Trade, KSL, and eBay (item 261877720745). I guess we'll see if I can sell it in a day....
    On the plus side, I can't wait for INSANE mode!!!! :)

2. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

While it's an issue that will need resolution, this fits comfortably in the "high quality problem" bin.

:)

Congrats on the P85D. I presume you pre-ordered a new set of tires? Because you KNOW you're gonna need 'em! As my buddy who bought one a few months ago said: "I figured after I did a few standing LAUNCH demos to blow away my friends, I'd get that out of my system. Except it's been months. I still do it. Every day."

3. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

You can't just schedule the delivery for two weeks from now due to a business trip?

4. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

I'm not going to leave my new P85D sitting all alone in the Service Center for 2 weeks. She might get wet, and dirty, and cold. I'm not a monster!....

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

:)

My baby is feeling that way. I would have picked it up already, but this week is a bad week for me with work, so I gotta have restless nights till next week when I can pick her up!