Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of rear usb in new console, big oversight...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
So they design a functional new center console and still the rear passengers don't get usb ports. Common now. I understand that they are currently 2 pieces, but if they are going to do the R&D for the console, just slightly modify the armrest part as well and add the ports. If the X didn't have them, one could argue that they didn't think they were necessary or whatever, but clearly they are aware they are useful yet they chose to omit them.

I am sure the Cruze does as well. The new Cruze, a compact vehicle sub $20k has features missing in Model S such as mobile hotspot, Carplay, Auto or at least a decent custom interface, etc...

I am sure the Cruze does as well. The new Cruze, a compact vehicle sub $20k has features missing in Model S such as mobile hotspot, Carplay, Auto or at least a decent custom interface, etc...

Just pointing out that it seems to be a rather glaring omission from a $70k+ vehicle...especially one that is known for being cutting edge tech wise, while a lowly Chevy will have them. :p I think even the cheapo Chevy Spark offers 4G LTE and mobile hotspot standard. People can criticize GM all their want, but they have jumped on the "connectivity" wagon pretty hard. Many GM vehicles also offer Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay standard too.

Last edited:
So they design a functional new center console and still the rear passengers don't get usb ports. Common now. I understand that they are currently 2 pieces, but if they are going to do the R&D for the console, just slightly modify the armrest part as well and add the ports. If the X didn't have them, one could argue that they didn't think they were necessary or whatever, but clearly they are aware they are useful yet they chose to omit them.

Not to mention they were originally stated to be part of the S before it even launched. Very odd they didn't include it (we love the charging options in the X)