TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lack of service center near Windsor Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Forza 11, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Forza 11

Forza 11 Member

I don't have a Tesla yet, but my concern is that the two closest service centers are in Detroit and Mississauga. Windsor is a border city to Detroit Michigan, so I'm hoping others that live near a border might know best.

1. How do service calls work? So do you have to drive to the closest service center or does Tesla pick your car up? What if the car is in no shape for driving and the nearest service center is 300KM+ away?

2. Can an American Tesla service center do work on Canadian customer vehicle?

3. Are there any plans to open a service center to Southern Ontario customers?

2. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

Also, the Detroit service center has been "coming soon" for a couple of years now. The way Michigan law currently reads, no manufacturer is allowed to have a service center in the state except for their own fleet vehicles (there is also a stipulation for safety-related service, but that clause is very vague). Until Michigan law is changed, or Tesla wins a Federal interstate commerce clause suit, I don't see how that service center will be able to go online.