Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of Sun Visor Utility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to re-activate this old thread. I have been looking at Model X, and test drove both a used Raven model (2020) and the new (2023) refreshed model.
I simply cannot understand how people live with these completely inadequate (but admittedly clever) sun visors.
When I drove the 2022 car last week, it was about 3 PM and the sun was at such an angle that it was in the windshield above the visor, and very annoying. Yes, I was wearing polarized green prescription sunglasses, which I almost always use when driving in daylight. The visor was unfolded to its maximum width and was folded up but could not reach where the sun was. The visor cannot be pivoted upward to cover any different area either in the windshield or in the side window.
Seems as if someone would have come up with an aftermarket fix by now, other than paying to have darker tint applied.
All I can imagine is that most X owners either adjust their seat such that the sun is rarely positioned in an area that is in their line of vision (if that is possible), or they have paid for extra tinting.
Can't imagine this is good for one's eyes....
If I buy one of these cars, I will definitely need to figure out a solution.

Well, I came up with a solution for my issue years ago, but apparently forgot about this thread, so didn't update it. I happen to have recently posted said solution as a comment in this thread, along with a secondary comment elaborating after a similar retail solution was also suggested. As I generally don't have issues through the windshield that I can't resolve with my big bushy eyebrows, I've never felt the need to tint the windshield or use the windshield upper screen that came with my X, so I can't help re: the recent necro post just above.