Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of Superchargers in Utah

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there is a process/forum through Tesla to request expansion or problems with the existing Supercharging network? The current supercharging capacity along I-15 through Utah. Going from SLC south to St. George, Las Vegas, California is a popular thing to do, especially in the summer, holidays and weekend. Last few years superchargers were ok with normally 1-2 open stalls upon arrival. (Only 6 in Nephi, 8 in Beaver and St. George). This is just inadequate given the amount of people on this popular freeway corridor...and St. George is a 20 minute detour off the freeway! This summer, on weekends, the chargers are 100% full with 15-20 minute waiting line at each stop. Going from SLC to Las Vegas take 6 hrs without charging, 7.5 hrs with charging (MS85D) but 8.5+ hours with my last trip to Las Vegas, having to wait 20-30 minutes in line for a charger at each stop and then only getting limited charging due to splitting charging with the A/B stalls. When I cross into the California line, I get 12-40 open stalls all along the I-15 corridor. As Tesla ownership continues to grow, we need to ensure we keep up with the supercharging capacity.

Reactions: bruce4000
based on current polls, looks like this has much potential...admittedly wont help you short term but longer term....changes are on the horizon

"Sweeping investments would spur millions of jobs and the construction of energy-efficient public housing, installation of 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations,

According to tesla's site, there are stations "coming soon" in provo, ogden and park city. The park city has been coming soon for 3 years I think, and just today there was a post talking about nothing at all happening there.
There is however a brand new charger in Burley, ID so there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Also OP, I’m with you on the Saint George one. What a terrible location for travelers. It’s a PITA to back in to as well with the coffee shop drive in directly in front of it.

Beaver got twice as many stalls and is in a great location next to the off ramp. Nephi is pretty good too. Both could benefit from having more stuff around. That’s the one area where St George is good.