TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC will be going down for maintenance at 9:00PM EST (02:00 UTC).
    Click here for more info.

(Lack of) Track Mode Blues

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by MoreAgain, Mar 10, 2020.

1. MoreAgain

MoreAgain Member

Feeling down in the dumps because all the cool kids have the Performance Model 3 with Track Mode V2 while you're riding around with slip start? Maybe you've tried out Dyno mode and ended up in a ditch or spun around doing donuts. But, what can you do to actually get better lap times?

Well, there is an alternative for us RWD and AWD Tesla Model 3 owners - provided by Mountain Pass Performance. It is called the PartyBox, and it rocks!

I have taken my RWD Model 3 to Buttonwillow Raceway Park four separate times over the last year. The best lap time I have ever turned in with the stock Tesla traction control/stability control is 2:11.86. My all-time personal best lap in the same car, with the same physical modifications but using the PartyBox is a 2:06.5. The PartyBox makes all the difference! In this comparison you'll see that, while straight-line speeds are similar, the speed I am able to carry through, and out of the corners is much higher without the stock VSC holding back the power. In the final stages of beta testing, it should be available to the public soon. Until and unless Tesla decides to offer something for the Un-P cars, this is the best option out there.

• Like x 3
  2. Voltron_M3

Voltron_M3 Member

Great comparison video.

I've had plenty of fun with my Party Box equipped RWD (SR+) in a private parking lot. While I haven't taken my car to a track I have plans to attend one of the many auto-x events here at the local speedway this summer.

• Like x 1