Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of updates on the Model S compared to 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d expect basically zero interior improvements to the S/X until a full refresh launches sometime prior to the Plaid release. It’s obviously not a priority and they don’t seem particularly interested in making incremental changes to something well past its prime and in need of a full rip and replace.

I’d expect basically zero interior improvements to the S/X until a full refresh launches sometime prior to the Plaid release. It’s obviously not a priority and they don’t seem particularly interested in making incremental changes to something well past its prime and in need of a full rip and replace.
That might not be the case this time around, as Tesla brings about a whole new upgraded interior for the 2021 Model S. It comes loaded with numerous features in addition to a clean and minimalistic cabin layout.
As far as the reports concerning the new Model S are true, we can now see that the whole center dash is held by a single 17-inch humongous touchscreen system, along with a much smaller system in the back taking care of the entertainment needs. There can be found no buttons on the dashboard as such, to the extent that both the trunk and the frunk can be unlocked by using the screen.
So having said that, the interior is a minor yet significant leap forward than the previous iterations.

It's pretty apparent that what @ucmndd said prior to the refresh was correct and did in fact happen. Sometime prior to Plaid release (almost a year, in fact) they're doing a "full rip & replace" with the interior, and as we've heard, they are also incorporating some tech (such as the octovalve, etc) from 3 & Y back into the S refresh as well.

It's pretty apparent that what @ucmndd said prior to the refresh was correct and did in fact happen. Sometime prior to Plaid release (almost a year, in fact) they're doing a "full rip & replace" with the interior, and as we've heard, they are also incorporating some tech (such as the octovalve, etc) from 3 & Y back into the S refresh as well.

yeah… I was so confused by this new-user necropost I wasn’t sure how to even respond. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: DukeofURL