Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lacking AP2 and more questions MX P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just traded in my MX 90D last Friday for an MX P100D.

Is it normal that I can't use AP2 over 50km/h? And when I can engage it, it's worse than a drunk driver. The car keeps trying to run me off the road or worse yet, onto the wrong side of the road.

I miss AP1 :(. I realized I used it all the time.

Also the adaptive high beam lights don't work. In fact there's no option. Is this because of AP2 not functioning yet?

What other features am I missing out?

Will we ever get sunmon back? I can toggle between my old car and my current car on the tesla app but see summon is not an option with my new car.

Any tips and tricks anyone can suggest with my P100D?

I just traded in my MX 90D last Friday for an MX P100D.

Is it normal that I can't use AP2 over 50km/h? And when I can engage it, it's worse than a drunk driver. The car keeps trying to run me off the road or worse yet, onto the wrong side of the road.

I miss AP1 :(. I realized I used it all the time.

Also the adaptive high beam lights don't work. In fact there's no option. Is this because of AP2 not functioning yet?

What other features am I missing out?

Will we ever get sunmon back? I can toggle between my old car and my current car on the tesla app but see summon is not an option with my new car.

Any tips and tricks anyone can suggest with my P100D?
EAP is exactly as you describe: a semi-experienced drunk driver emulator.

Tesla still advertises summon in the stores, which is absurd since we don't have it. Hopefully by the end of March - says dear leader - we shall receive it.

No auto high beams. No rain sensing wipers. No perpendicular parking. No summon. No high speed autosteer. I'm sure we're missing other things, but oh well. Certainly your Owner Advisor informed you of all this?

EAP is exactly as you describe: a semi-experienced drunk driver emulator.

Tesla still advertises summon in the stores, which is absurd since we don't have it. Hopefully by the end of March - says dear leader - we shall receive it.

No auto high beams. No rain sensing wipers. No perpendicular parking. No summon. No high speed autosteer. I'm sure we're missing other things, but oh well. Certainly your Owner Advisor informed you of all this?
Nope. No one advised me of any of this. I specially asked my DS and anyone I knew in service and they were clueless. They said AP would work and I told them they were wrong.

Of everything you mentioned however, @3s-a-charm and @disagree - my rain sensing windshield wipers work.

I know I'm impatient. Going from AP1 to drunk AP2 has been difficult.

Nope. No one advised me of any of this. I specially asked my DS and anyone I knew in service and they were clueless. They said AP would work and I told them they were wrong.

Of everything you mentioned however, @3s-a-charm and @disagree - my rain sensing windshield wipers work.

I know I'm impatient. Going from AP1 to drunk AP2 has been difficult.
Hmm. Rain-sensing wipers work? Did you just mean that intermittent works? Because you're the only person who has said that they are active. Seriously!

Have you tried using Autosteer on multiple occasions and different roads? The very first time I enabled Autosteer (AP2) on my car, it did ping-pong back and forth in the lane. I was on a long curve in an interchange with no traffic behind me so I only able to use it for a minute. Since that first attempt, I haven't had that problem. I've used Autosteer on highways for more than an hour straight (at speeds between 0 and 50 mph, averaging about 10 mph most of that time). I've also used it on local roads for miles at a time without problems. I do still have to take over on some tight turns if the car is going fast but if the lanes are marked well, it does a good job for me. I haven't gotten the latest update which allows 55 mph but I've been getting updates every week or so. Hopefully I'll get the latest update tomorrow and will be able to test it at 55 mph over the weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Have you tried using Autosteer on multiple occasions and different roads? The very first time I enabled Autosteer (AP2) on my car, it did ping-pong back and forth in the lane. I was on a long curve in an interchange with no traffic behind me so I only able to use it for a minute. Since that first attempt, I haven't had that problem. I've used Autosteer on highways for more than an hour straight (at speeds between 0 and 50 mph, averaging about 10 mph most of that time). I've also used it on local roads for miles at a time without problems. I do still have to take over on some tight turns if the car is going fast but if the lanes are marked well, it does a good job for me. I haven't gotten the latest update which allows 55 mph but I've been getting updates every week or so. Hopefully I'll get the latest update tomorrow and will be able to test it at 55 mph over the weekend.
Yes, autosteer is a pretty poor driver no matter where I try it. I've tried different towns, cities, times of day. It bounces me around. I find myself fighting with the steering wheel to try to stay between the lines

Yes, autosteer is a pretty poor driver no matter where I try it. I've tried different towns, cities, times of day. It bounces me around. I find myself fighting with the steering wheel to try to stay between the lines
I don't think I've had the bouncing issue since the first day in January. I never had a calibration message. Did you? Do you know if you had 17.3.20 or 17.3.15?

I, too, traded my MX P90DL in on a clone MX P100D. I put about 20,000 miles on my P90D of which about 90% was on autopilot (v1 hardware). Since I picked up my P100D on February 17th, I have driven almost 5,000 miles but unlike my last X, I have only been able to drive about 50 miles on autopilot since most roads I drive are not interstates and driving 35 on 45, 50 and 60 mph roads just isn't acceptable. So AP v2 is definitely NOT on par with AP v1 yet but I am very optimistic that we will see more very soon. I will be taking my first interstate trip (since AP v2 was enabled for normal highway speeds) from South Carolina to Illinois this coming weekend. Looking forward to putting AP v2 through its paces.