TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

LADWP EVSE rebate

Discussion in 'California' started by archibaldcrane, Feb 24, 2014.

1. archibaldcrane

I see that the $750 rebate from LADWP for residential level 2 EV outlet install is for "equipment", not installation - for those of you who got a garage plug added and received this rebate, how did your bill break down, and how much of a rebate did you get? Specifically wondering about NEMA14-50, but those of you who got an HPWC feel free to chime in as well.

https://www.ladwp.com/ladwp/faces/wcnav_externalId/r-sm-rp-ev?_adf.ctrl-state=682jd2l0t_4&MAF_IB_543112550=A4H5UVNurJmmXKni2F6R0ZonXDkdiNDO8iV8POh5re4M3na&_afrLoop=731274254920095&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null

2. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

Interesting that the LADWP rebate application says that the Level 2 charging station must have a J1772 connector...So it looks to me that a Nema 14-50 for the UMC that comes with the car wouldn't qualify (because you're not buying a level 2 unit) and the HPWC also wouldn't qualify (because it doesn't have a J1772 connector)....Might be worth a call to LADWP to ask a few questions....Maybe they meant to disqualify Teslas, or maybe it was just an oversight and a lack of knowledge of what's out there......

3. markb1

markb1 Active Member

The UMC and HPWC are J1772 electrically, so perhaps an argument could be made.

4. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

On the other hand, the only kind of new EVSE you can really buy right now for a home installation are: 1) J1772 connector, and 2) Tesla connector

It seems kind of purposeful to me...