Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lady Called Police on Dog in Car with Dog Mode Running!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
***If any law is necessary it should be only to not intentionally endanger a pet, end of story.***

If we go by that logic, in our legal system. Then EVERY SINGLE criminal will SWEAR that they did NOT INTENTIONALLY mean to break the law. So does that mean, because they ALL will claim that, that the law says OK, YOUR FREE TO GO, SORRY FOR WASTING YOUR TIME? By your logic, it sure does. And besides, why can't people leave their four legged fur babie's at home in their 72 degree home. Instead of dragging them around on the OWNER'S errands. To which their locked up in a VEHICLE like they are on LOCK DOWN. Would you lock your baby up in your Vehicle? EXACTLY...

I love how this is your absolute FIRST post after joining TMC! haha

Try not to get dragged too far down the rabbit hole. :)

less-fine unit increments is less practical, when there are women around.

20*C = ahhh, too cold!
21*C = ahhh, too hot!

Yes, it kind of goes against the fundamental notion of "degree" when thermostats have a decimal point and can show Celsius temperatures to the nearest half degree. By definition, a degree is supposed to be a small fundamental unit. But with Celsius there are degrees of degrees.

Yes, it kind of goes against the fundamental notion of "degree" when thermostats have a decimal point and can show Celsius temperatures to the nearest half degree. By definition, a degree is supposed to be a small fundamental unit. But with Celsius there are degrees of degrees.

So I guess you use mm and cm instead of inches 1/2 inches, 1/4 inches, 1/8 inches, 1/16 inches, 1/32 inches, .... then?

• Love
Reactions: DopeGhoti
So I guess you use mm and cm instead of inches 1/2 inches, 1/4 inches, 1/8 inches, 1/16 inches, 1/32 inches, .... then?
Machinists use mils, 1/1000 of an inch. Seriously though fractions are great. 3/16 of an inch is a lot easier to deal with than 0.1875 inches. The fundamental flaw with the metric system is that it's base-10. It's easy to divide a foot by 6, 4, 3, and 2 (2", 3", 4", 6"). Imagine how awful metric time would be. 60 minutes can be divided by 2,4,5,6,10,12,15, and 30. Try doing that with a power of 10.

• Funny
Reactions: darth_vad3r
Machinists use mils, 1/1000 of an inch. Seriously though fractions are great. 3/16 of an inch is a lot easier to deal with than 0.1875 inches. The fundamental flaw with the metric system is that it's base-10. It's easy to divide a foot by 6, 4, 3, and 2 (2", 3", 4", 6"). Imagine how awful metric time would be. 60 minutes can be divided by 2,4,5,6,10,12,15, and 30. Try doing that with a power of 10.

:D Yes, fractions are great, in relation to numbers like 0.1875 inches.

Imagine trying to calculate the volume of water in gallons that could be held in a box that is 5-3/4" x 2' x 3 yards? ... and then how much does that much water weigh in lbs?

Metric? Easy. Multiply. Length x Width x Height ... Done. 1cm cubed is 1mL. 1mL of water weighs 1g. Easy peasy.

Imperial is useful in international trade with other countries that use Imperial, like .... Liberia, and Myanmar, and... that's it actually. Just those 2. Even Myanmar is changing to metric though :)

Reactions: Ocelot
Moderator note: A number of posts were moved away for being off-topic. I moved them to snippiness, not because they were (in fact, many were quite respectful considering the typical dialogue around that topic), but because I had no better place to move them.

Also - if you ever want attention from the moderation staff, please use the "Report" button at the bottom of a post. We don't see all posts, by a long shot. But we do see the reports. Only one report was made over this discussion despite the posts for moderator help. I won't see your plea, but I will see your report.. just a heads up!

Reactions: tga
Isn't it true though that the air will stop running if the vehicle isn't moving ?
I left my car running with the air on while my son went into the store and it cycled off and started to get hot in there so I had to drive around the parking lot just to cool it down again .

Isn't it true though that the air will stop running if the vehicle isn't moving ?
I left my car running with the air on while my son went into the store and it cycled off and started to get hot in there so I had to drive around the parking lot just to cool it down again .
When you leave the car the AC will turn off unless you have it set to Keep On or Dog Mode. If it turns off you can turn it back on remotely using the mobile app, or by just getting in the car again. It has nothing to do with whether or not the car is moving.

And you can sue for property damage if the car is found not to be hot

California law allows a concerned bystander to damage the car for the good of a pet whether the concern is valid or not and the law exempts the Good Samaritan from paying any damages.

The article says "own risk" which is about the likelihood of non-White Good Samaritans who could be mistakenly shot dead.

California law allows a concerned bystander to damage the car for the good of a pet whether the concern is valid or not and the law exempts the Good Samaritan from paying any damages.

The article says "own risk" which is about the likelihood of non-White Good Samaritans who could be mistakenly shot dead.

The concern has to be "reasonable" and it has to be reasonably concluded that the animal is in imminent danger.