Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lady Called Police on Dog in Car with Dog Mode Running!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Centigrade for dummies:
  • 0° - Literally freezing (32°F)
  • 5° - Figuratively freezing (41°F)
  • 10° - Downright chilly (50°F)
  • 15° - Brisk (59°F)
  • 20° - The cooler side of pleasant (68°F)
  • 25° - Comfortable (77°F)
  • 30° - Hot (86°F)
  • 37° - Homeostasis (body temperature ~ 98.6°F)
  • 40° - Phoenix springtime hot (104°F)
  • 45° - Phoenix summertime hot (113°F)
  • 50° - Get the hell indoors before you get heat stroke (122°F)
  • 100° - Literally boiling (212°F)
Of course you know, with the redefinition of 0 degs Kelvin, Water no longer boils at 100 degs C, but 99.61 °C - part of the whole thing of getting rid of physical constants

Back in the early '00s, when the cars were still somewhat uncommon where I lived, I got pulled over by a cop who thought it would be cool to make me late for work so that he could 'check out' the New Beetle I was driving. I was less than pleased.

Early 00s? Hmm.

The first Beetles rolled off production lines in 1938. Their increasing popularity in the US in the 1960s prompted Volkswagen to build its first manufacturing plant in North America in order to meet the demand. That plant located in the state of Puebla, Mexico, is expected to make its last Beetle in July 2019.

Have a nice day!

• Funny
Reactions: DopeGhoti
Early 00s? Hmm.

The first Beetles rolled off production lines in 1938. Their increasing popularity in the US in the 1960s prompted Volkswagen to build its first manufacturing plant in North America in order to meet the demand. That plant located in the state of Puebla, Mexico, is expected to make its last Beetle in July 2019.

Have a nice day!

The first generation of the **New** Beetle was in production from 1997 to 2011. Both the original Beetle and the second generation of the New Beetle are different models.

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
Early 00s? Hmm.

Have a nice day!
Things that are not the same, partial list: "Beetle"; "New Beetle".

Also, you seem to be unfamiliar with the long-standing colloquial tradition of referring to calandar decades by the final year of the preceding chronologial decade. For example, if one is talking about "the '80s", they can be understood to be talking about the ten year span from 1980 CE to 1989 CE (unless they are really old or an historian, in which case they may be talking about the ten year span from 1880 CE to 1889 CE, for instance). Given the context of a personal anecdote and the inclusion of a New Beetle in the anecdode, a reasonable person could infer that in referencing "the early '00s" (as I thought "early oughties" might have been unclear), I was referring to the earlier part of the span of time from 2000 CE to 2009 CE. An unreasonable person might infer I was referencing the 1930s CE for some reason.

@Hook7! As your second forum post, you necro'd a thread to try and get pedantic about when Beetles were manufactured? And as Mr. Ghoti pointed out, there's a difference between the "old Beetle" and the "New Beetle."

Here's hoping that post #3 is the charm for you. ;)

Edit: Just to try and be a bit OT, I did have a lady come over and get ready to, ummm.. "complain" about me leaving my dogs in my car. Once I showed her "Dog Mode" she was really impressed. I couldn't stop there, though, and took another ten minutes to gush about my car. I'm not sure if I sold a Tesla that day, or just convinced a lady that Tesla owners are fanatic weirdos. Ah well... win/win either way. ;)

Anyone else have any new(er) Dog Mode stories?

My wife loves to go to dog agility shows with several of our dogs. Since getting my Y, I've been pressed into dog mode service this summer. It's been much hotter than usual this year and I've been running dog mode for several hours each day for many weekends now. I enjoy it, as I sit in the car playing Beach Buggy. Getting quite good at the game. The dogs just snooze in the back waiting for their next run. Although I really like having an obedient dog (watching a utility obedient level dog work is impressive, since it's all hand signs), I find agility is more fun for myself and the dog. Having to work with the pooch and guide them around a course and getting them (and you) to run the correct course is challenging and fun. Even better after the run, to get back in a Tesla with dog mode to cool off. I know several other dog folks are a bit envious. Must remember to mention the referral program before they buy one.

Reactions: KenC
Need this sign--not a Tesla
dog-in-car-sign-picture.jpg