Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lady Called Police on Dog in Car with Dog Mode Running!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Centigrade for dummies:
  • 0° - Literally freezing (32°F)
  • 5° - Figuratively freezing (41°F)
  • 10° - Downright chilly (50°F)
  • 15° - Brisk (59°F)
  • 20° - The cooler side of pleasant (68°F)
  • 25° - Comfortable (77°F)
  • 30° - Hot (86°F)
  • 37° - Homeostasis (body temperature ~ 98.6°F)
  • 40° - Phoenix springtime hot (104°F)
  • 45° - Phoenix summertime hot (113°F)
  • 50° - Get the hell indoors before you get heat stroke (122°F)
  • 100° - Literally boiling (212°F)

I had my dog in my car with dog mode on to run inside Starbucks to pick up my drink and the lady next to me gave me the stare of death. I had a bad feeling she was going to play hero that day and "rescue" my dog. Honestly I am always nervous using dog mode, I feel like I need a dog mode sign on each of the windows.

Since it sounds like most dog owners have plastered the inside of their cars with "my dog is safe" signs......what about getting one of those suction cup thermometers that stick on the window to display the temp? It might read a little warm due to being attached to the glass, but it would still be well within "safety" temps, right?? Just an idea......?

• 10° - Downright chilly (50°F) (Floridians put on down jackets)
  • 15° - Brisk (59°F) (Floridians complain about how cold it is)
  • 20° - The cooler side of pleasant (68°F) (Floridians put on jeans and sweatshirts)
  • 25° - Comfortable (77°F) (Floridians still have the a/c on)
  • 30° - Hot (86°F) (today)
  • 37° - Homeostasis (body temperature ~ 98.6°F) (last week)
  • 40° - Phoenix springtime hot (104°F) (Floridians stay indoors)

Measurement standards are all arbitrary. Imperial measurement standards are arbitrary and idiotic. Whatever standards are used, people will get used to them and will kick and scream against any proposed change. Here in the U.S. we're accustomed to Fahrenheit. If we switch to Celsius everyone will be pissed, and the next generation will have a system in line with the rest of the world, which will make travel just a little bit simpler.

Same applies to metric weights and distances.

• Helpful
Reactions: WolfHero and DR61
Much easier to leave pets at home or take them out of the car. Our dog loves to go for a ride but I never leave him in the car for any reason. I've actually had a dog decide to chew my dash off one time in the winter/fall with the windows halfway down so the temp was perfect for him. There are multiple reasons not to leave pets in cars unattended for their own good as you can imagine that coming back to a destroyed dash was not a good outcome for "man's best friend". Before you think it, I didn't beat my dog but I sure felt like it and he knew it from my voice tone for a few days.

Back in the early '00s, when the cars were still somewhat uncommon where I lived, I got pulled over by a cop who thought it would be cool to make me late for work so that he could 'check out' the New Beetle I was driving. I was less than pleased.
Fun fact: Franz Von Holzhausen began his automotive career working for VW designing the “New Beetle.”

She did the right thing. She thought an animal was being endangered and called the police. The police learned something. No harm done.
No harm done, but I would have called animal services if I saw this in another car(not a Tesla). They handle these situations better if an animal is found in distress. The police are too busy doing other things and just call animal control anyway. A quote from my son, a police officer. Hopefully she will learn too things and not try to save the world.

• Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: Reborn and erik_k