TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lady Called Police on Dog in Car with Dog Mode Running!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jamesspice, Sep 10, 2019 at 4:59 PM.

1. Ctdphillips

Ctdphillips New Member

Actually there was potential for harm. The police have serious work to do and shouldn’t be called because someone didn’t bother to read the sign.

• Like x 2
  2. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Member

The police to have serious work to do, and that is enforcing the law. They are able to triage things, and if a bank were being robbed two blocks from where the dog was reported to be in a car, the latter would be back-burnered while they dealt with the former.

• Like x 1
  3. Tysto

Tysto Member

I just got a "You didn't just leave that dog in the car" today and had to educate the person. I was parked on the street to drop off a check at my accountant's office, and his secretary saw my car thru the window. Maybe I'll make up a sign.

4. HG Wells

HG Wells Active Member

No, they steal the dog !

• Funny x 1
  5. Fernand

Fernand Member

Love those scrolling displays, but looking
    at ROI, they are worth more than the dog.

6. daniel

daniel Active Member

Nope. That would be negative 2 C because of the salt in the ocean.

You have very big feet. :)

And the rest of those are entirely arbitrary and are wildly different from one person to another.

I've experienced the temperature at negative 30 F, and wind-chill of negative 80. That was when I lived in North Dakota. Brutally cold winters whose benefit is that they keep the riff-raff away. Eventually, they chased me away. I guess your user name does not refer to South Dakota (which is what SD means to me). Maybe you're in San Diego?

7. glgador007

glgador007 Member

How could a Dog freeze at 72F? Got your Imperial and metric measurements confused didn't you?

• Funny x 2
  8. Firelight

Firelight Member

LOLOLOL

9. Momglo

Momglo New Member

Lol 22°C is about 72°F, we keep our house about that temp, looks like a happy dog. What a neat feature!

• Funny x 1
  10. PulSamsara

PulSamsara New Member

Oh... paaalease.

71.6 F

#ImOffendedByAir

• Funny x 1
  11. chrisjperk

chrisjperk New Member

yeah except for the fact that there's a screen that literally says what's going on. Maybe she should learn to read first?

12. chrisjperk

chrisjperk New Member

You should probably learn the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit

• Funny x 2
  13. Howie

Howie New Member

I absolutely love this feature...we definitely need this model of Tesla in Bermuda!!!! From what I understand it notifies you via an app if the car's temperature rises.
    My concern with people leaving their a/c running is that something can always happen and the car shutoff or the a/c stop working. The saving grace would be the notification. My only concern would be if the individual put their phone away - not monitoring it - or closed the app - or if their data plan ran out or the connection failed or was lost. If any of those things happened, I'm not sure if there is something that notifies you via an alarm on the app. I dont want people to have complete security...
    I wonder if Tesla could put something in the windscreen and back window to indicate that dog mode was on and the temperature of the car...so that it displayed for the public to see. Even on the driver's side window.
    A driver putting signs up is great...it should tell someone to check the console because anyone can display signs.
    Note: it is common sense though to look and monitor the dog. If it isnt panting excessively and doesnt look in distress then it is comfortable.
    To be honest, I'm not sure I would be comfortable leaving a dog I saw in this situation...it is fine now but I would be worried that something would happen and it would fail.
    One issue that I believe is being worked on, is that you have to leave the a/c in auto mode (not set the fan to manual) in order for the car to stay cool.
    Despite my concerns, I think this option is awesome and I'm sure Tesla will continue to make improvements.

14. daniel

daniel Active Member

Nobody even has a comment on my idea? :(

15. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

works the same for kids in cars, I saw a girl asleep on the back seat of a car called the police gve the number didn't see police kept my eye on the car for 10 mins whilst peasants went in to a store. still no police r family im like I have reported it I haven't got all day and went. eventually I think I saw the Asian family stick there heads out of a car phone warehouse and then go back in . never did get to see if anything came of this but the last thing I want to do was smash windows with a kid in there too!

16. derotam

derotam Member

Nope... :D

17. GeekFit

GeekFit New Member

Celsius and Fahrenheit are different things

• Funny x 2
  18. Leeclanual

Leeclanual Member

Why the label “Asian” family?

19. idoco

idoco Member

You spelled hoospoctla wrong...

• Funny x 1
  20. Zeeebear

Zeeebear New Member

***If any law is necessary it should be only to not intentionally endanger a pet, end of story.***

If we go by that logic, in our legal system. Then EVERY SINGLE criminal will SWEAR that they did NOT INTENTIONALLY mean to break the law. So does that mean, because they ALL will claim that, that the law says OK, YOUR FREE TO GO, SORRY FOR WASTING YOUR TIME? By your logic, it sure does. And besides, why can't people leave their four legged fur babie's at home in their 72 degree home. Instead of dragging them around on the OWNER'S errands. To which their locked up in a VEHICLE like they are on LOCK DOWN. Would you lock your baby up in your Vehicle? EXACTLY...

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1