Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lag when answering phone calls

PatinCT

Mar 24, 2020
CT
I usually hang up on people because I hit the answer button on the screen and then feel like I missed it due to the lag... then hit it again just in time to hang up on them.

I need to become more patient I guess. Is there a way to answer from the steering wheel?

gallde

Jun 30, 2020
Tarrytown, NY
Right, but they should incorporate a lockout of additional taps causing hang up for a couple seconds. Think about when you might accidentally double-tap due to being on a bumpy road.

PatinCT

Mar 24, 2020
CT
My other cars always had a lag but there was an actual button to push so I know I pushed it vs. tapping on a touchscreen with no haptic feedback.

interfx

Feb 22, 2020
Greater Atlanta
I'm having similar issue with scree button lag to answer. Might be a basic question, but I've not figured how to accept a call by clicking on one of the scroll wheels on the steering wheel? Is that possible? Similarly, is there a way to hang up a call using the steering wheel?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC