Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Laggy cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a serious wtf moment when reversing in my Y and I nearly hit a pillar in my garage due to a lagging rearview camera. I mean holy *sugar*, it would be safer to not work at all. I'm reversing thinking I've got room and lo and behold I'm watching a video of two seconds ago with no room to spare. Anyone else having this issue?

Reactions: Rooster6655
Yep, same issue. Almost backed to far and into the supercharger. I was initially not pleased with many changes in the update but after 700 miles of driving it’s grown on me. The video lag is my biggest complaint and I would consider it a safety issue. That and the screen has completely locked on me twice while driving requiring manual reboot.

Last edited:
Do they not even test their stupid software before distributing it? While I'm bitchin' and moanin': C'mon Tesla! Arbitrarily changing the entire layout of the control screen?!? Talk about a safety issue, having to poke around at a touch screen while you're driving just to find out WTF they've moved the controls for no apparent reason. If Elon Musk is such a genius why does he hire moronic software engineers?

Do they not even test their stupid software before distributing it? While I'm bitchin' and moanin': C'mon Tesla! Arbitrarily changing the entire layout of the control screen?!? Talk about a safety issue, having to poke around at a touch screen while you're driving just to find out WTF they've moved the controls for no apparent reason. If Elon Musk is such a genius why does he hire moronic software engineers?

Agree. Recent update made by moronic software programmers, not drivers. Used to love Tesla's simplistic layout. One step forward, 2 steps backwards!