Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Laggy Infotainment - 2018 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

New to the Tesla community and happy to be here!

I am currently running the NVidia CPU (MCU1) and was wondering if my lag is due to MCU1 or eMMC 8GB possibly going bad and should take it in for service.

Yes, I have done the reboot several times and am on the most current firmware.

Any ideas on the lag? Will upgrading to the eMMC 64GB make things run a bit smoother?

Hi All!
New to the Tesla community and happy to be here!
I am currently running the NVidia CPU (MCU1) and was wondering if my lag is due to MCU1 or eMMC 8GB possibly going bad and should take it in for service.
Yes, I have done the reboot several times and am on the most current firmware.
Any ideas on the lag? Will upgrading to the eMMC 64GB make things run a bit smoother?

Do the MCU2 upgrade. It is amazing - you wont regret it!
100% get the MCU2 upgrade. It makes an enormous difference. I paid $2500 when it first came and it is $1,750 now. It was worth every penny of the $2500.

CategoryImprovements
PerformanceMore responsive and smoother touchscreen and instrument cluster
Faster browser with video playback and 3D rendering support*
Audio & MusicDisplays Bluetooth® media album art
Your car will still have access to internet radio and music streaming*
Note: Removes AM, FM and Sirius XM radio
GamingIncludes graphics-intensive Tesla Arcade games like Beach Buggy Racing 2, Cuphead and Stardew Valley
Enables gamepad compatibility
EntertainmentEnables video streaming and access to YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and Twitch through the Tesla Theater*
Adds Caraoke* and TRAX
Driver AssistanceEnhanced Driving Visualization for owners with the Full Self-Driving Capability Computer
SecurityFor cars with the Full Self-Driving Computer, recording is enabled from the front, rear and side cameras for Sentry Mode and DashCam, which also includes the DashCam viewer
Recordings may vary in color or tone based on your camera suite
Cellular & Wi-FiSupports 5GHz Wi-Fi networks
LTE capable modem