Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lake Almanor CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so we're taking a trip up to Lake Almanor CA and I'm trying to decide if it's feasible to take our Model S 90D... The closest supercharger is in Corning CA and a destination charger in Susanville but nothing at the lake. I'm really trying to figure out if it's feasible to use the Corning CA SC or if the elevation change coming back sucks too much energy? The designation charger in Susanville "could" be an option if we can find enough things to do there for several hours..

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

According to a better route planner u can make round trip at 100% barely but leaves no room to drive around one u get there

Yeah I'm looking at segments closely. If I stop and do a 100% charge at Corning I can get to my destination with roughly 47% left. That's plenty to get over to destination charger in Susanville to recharge. The question remains whether I can stay in Susanville long enough to get the charge I need from the destination charger as I'll have to stop there a couple of times to add some more juice... It's the elevation changes that scare me and I've never been to that area before so I have no idea...

Jeff

Yeah I'm looking at segments closely. If I stop and do a 100% charge at Corning I can get to my destination with roughly 47% left. That's plenty to get over to destination charger in Susanville to recharge. The question remains whether I can stay in Susanville long enough to get the charge I need from the destination charger as I'll have to stop there a couple of times to add some more juice... It's the elevation changes that scare me and I've never been to that area before so I have no idea...

Jeff

Doesn’t the golf course there have 14-50s I would think with golf carts there would be some plugs available

..also I checked RV Parky and there are some good RV park options
0D42E201-B22E-4C38-9612-5F1644696556.png

Lol the furthest left and one at south have 50 amps ;)...btw this app was a tip from a fellow traveler back in the days of the supercharger drought and I find things not on PlugShare :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: jeffro01
Tesla doesn't make an adapter specifically for that, but you can cobble together adapters and charge at 16A at about 3 MPH on that.

Then we can't plug in our RV and given how slow of a charge that is... It's a lose/lose... :) I'm going to call around to see where I can reasonably park and plug in for a few hours here and there... Seems like there is a way to make this work.

Jeff