TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lake City Supercharger

Discussion in 'Florida' started by memcd, Jun 5, 2014.

1. memcd

memcd Member

2. KeithM

KeithM Member

3. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Awesome.. maybe a trip to Destin in the MS will be a reality by the end of the year.

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

This is great news!

5. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

Was this written by an 8-year-old???

6. sklancha

sklancha Member

I don't know anything about any potential superchargers in Lake City, but I am posting here because I am hoping somebody may know about what other viable charge options exist in that area. I will be doing my very first road trip that is far enough to NEED to charge- and it is for a 3 day business trip to Lake City. I looked on a couple charging site apps but the only one showing up is at a Nissan dealer- FOR THE ENTIRE LAKE CITY!!! I think I already made a post somewhere trying to see if anybody could enlighten me- buT I can't find the post. If I can't figure out how to survive a trip of only a few hundred miles (especially if that means I have to ask one of my colleagues to take us in their ICEj- it would probably instill a range anxiety for future trips PLUS the shame of relinquishing the helm would be an unbearable embarrassment1

SOMEBODY OUT THERE MUST KNOW SOMETHING. COULD IT REALLY BE TRUE THAT THERE IS ONLY THE ONE CHARGER IN ALL OF Lake City? It is unrealistic for me to go across town for a half day to charge my car. j angel

7. Lifeguard(ret.)

Perhaps there is a KOA or other RV park with a NEMA 14-50 in Lake City.

KOA Charging Accommodations

Or a 110v trickle charge at your hotel? Lake City is pretty small. I'm surprised there 's even a Nissan dealer there!

8. Roland

Roland Member

Lake City has the following RV Parks that have 50amp service:

Inn and Out RV Park
    3010 W US Highway 90
    Lake City, FL
    386-752-1648

Oaks n Pines RV Park
    3846 North US Hwy 41
    Lake City, FL
    386-752-0830

Casey Jones Campgrounds
    Hwy 242 & I-75
    Lake City, FL
    386-755-0471

Call and check that they will let you charge a Model S

9. memcd

memcd Member

10. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

11. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

12. Larry Chanin

We have received reports that the Lake City Supercharger is about 80% complete.

Larry

13. KeithM

KeithM Member

AndyO just took some progress pictures. They are posted on the other thread here:

Supercharger - Lake City, FL - Page 3

which probably should be combined with this thread.

Looks like it may open soon.

Keith

14. Rlsarch

Rlsarch Member

Taking road trip 8/22 from Orlando to Tallahassee. What is the possibility of Lake City being operational? How do I confirm? Otherwise will have to slow charge in Gainesville. Would be great to skip that!

15. Larry Chanin

Hi Rick,

Although the station is pretty far along it is doubtful it will be operational this Friday. I have an inquiry in with Tesla regarding when the ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held, but I don't expect a response before Friday. My only suggestion would be to email [email protected].

Even if you have to charge in Gainesville, you might consider swinging by the Lake City location. It's just .5 miles off of I-75 in the parking lot of Firehouse Subs. 2929 W US Highway 90, Lake City, FL. Sometimes Superchargers are operational a few days before the formal ribbon-cutting ceremony. If so, it would certainly assist you in your return.

Larry

16. Kutu

Kutu Member

Lake City Supercharger is up! I was there today about 1300 and was the first customer to use it. I had a Firehouse sub. I believe, from a brief conversation, that the Tesla tech is headed for Brandon next.

I talked with the contractor supervisor; he said he was going to Ocala next. The Tesla work in Ocala should be finished in a few weeks, but they have a delay due to the local power company that will hold up activation.

17. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Very nice!!!

See my reply at Supercharger - Lake City, FL - Page 4

18. Larry Chanin

#18 Larry Chanin, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Hi Rusty,

Thanks for the information.

That Tesla tech may be heading to Brandon next, but there have been crews already actively working at Brandon for a while.

Regarding Ocala:

Last week a club member visited the Ocala site and there was no sign of construction activity.

We expect work will proceed at Ocala soon, but it is unlikely that they have broken ground yet. According to Ocala's on-line system a permit was applied for on August 8th and it is under review. It's possible that the on-line system is a little behind, but it can't be off by more than a week based on an eye witness.

On August 20th (yesterday) the electrical contractor submitted authorization to obtain permitting. View attachment Ocala Supercharger permit request.pdf

A club member may be able to visit the Ocala site next week to verify status.

Larry

19. BobHodgen

BobHodgen Member

Larry:

Lake City shows as online at Superchargers

Would love to go to the ribbon cutting. I'm leaving the country on business Monday, the 25th. What is the chance of it happening Fri, Sat, or Sunday?

Anyone want to go up this weekend?

Bob

20. Larry Chanin

#20 Larry Chanin, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Hi Bob,

I have an inquiry in with one of my contacts at Tesla and I am informed that they will be discussing this issue tomorrow (Friday). It is doubtful that they would have a ribbon-cutting ceremony then especially since, to the best of my knowledge, they have not sent out their invitation to local owners.

I have never heard of a ribbon-cutting ceremony being conducted on a weekend so I would say there is virtually no chance of it occurring this weekend or any other.

I have a club member who has volunteered to organize a Lake City meet-up, but he is traveling and won't be available until next week to coordinate with local restaurants near the location.

Regards,

Larry