Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake City, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That location is on the Coming Soon map. Maybe its under construction and we don't know about it. Just like Lake City was.

The Supercharger team tells us that they are actively developing an Ocala location. We don't know whether a location has been selected or if construction has started.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, this location connects Brandon with a long charge in an 85 and a hypermile adventure in a 60. Gainesville will make the I-75 route a no-brainer.

We have been lead to believe that the Gainesville location has been moved to Ocala.

Larry

Hi Steve,

Not to quibble, I put it at 173 miles from the Brandon Supercharger construction site. :biggrin: I figure when they put in the Ocala Supercharger Station that will split the distance from Lake City to Ocala to about 81 miles, and from the Ocala Superchargers to the Brandon Superchargers to about 94 miles.

Not sure where I got the 160 - probably trying to do a quick search before getting back to work. At 173, still no problem in my P85, as long as I don't go too crazy on the speed. It will be nicer once Ocala is on line, and even better when they get Tallahassee going.

Panama City to Orlando....Awesome!!! Anyone know how long average construction is taking on stations elsewhere?

209 miles from Lake City to my 98 year old grandmother's house in Panama City. Not sure I'm comfortable enough to try that one yet, even though my P85 should make it easily as long as I don't drive too crazy. Also will need for you to install at least a 40 amp plug for me to steal some power from you! The 110 outlet at my grandmother's house just wouldn't cut it.

Once they get Tallahassee in place, the trip should be an easy one.

Lake City SC Progress Pictures

Here are some progress pictures AndyO took at Lake City this morning. Won't be long now until it's open.

Thanks, Andy

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 335
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 337