Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake City, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Know where they are going next? Hopefully Brandon and Ocala will be done quickly too.

Brandon has already broken ground and is likely to be operational relatively soon, several weeks. I think that the electrical contractor bids are not yet back to Tesla for Ocala so the permits won't be in until the contract is awarded.

Larry

Brandon has already broken ground and is likely to be operational relatively soon, several weeks. I think that the electrical contractor bids are not yet back to Tesla for Ocala so the permits won't be in until the contract is awarded.

Larry

Where in Brandon is it going? I grew up there and have friends there.

I saw rumors of Regency Mall (across SR60 from) or Brandon Town Center Mall a few months back.

This and Lake City would make a trip down to Tampa doable in my Model S.

I stopped by Lake City again today at about 2 pm on the return from Atlanta to Gainesville, FL. Several men work working. Didn’t take photo because it was about the same as Friday morning. Charging stations were up but covered in clear plastic. There was still an orange construction fence around the project. The wood fence around the charger hardware was nearly complete. It looks like they’re on schedule for the 8/20 completion by the contractor. I don’t know when/if Tesla folks have to come check it out.

Side note regarding that I-75 path: With a range charge and starting from the north side of Atlanta, I could probably have made it to Tifton and skipped Macon driving 75 mph but all it would have taken was a hard rain to throw me off so I picked up an extra 30 miles in Macon in 10 minutes. (It’s not an interesting place to stop.) Thanks to a stretch of 60 mph construction and being packed between semi’s I got to Tifton with 51 miles left. Better safe than sorry though.

P.S. Atlanta is full of MS's. I saw more over the weekend than I have seen in total in the wild before that. It seemed odd to me that every one I saw was white or black (mine is grey).

I stopped by Lake City again today at about 2 pm on the return from Atlanta to Gainesville, FL. Several men work working. Didn’t take photo because it was about the same as Friday morning. Charging stations were up but covered in clear plastic. There was still an orange construction fence around the project. The wood fence around the charger hardware was nearly complete. It looks like they’re on schedule for the 8/20 completion by the contractor. I don’t know when/if Tesla folks have to come check it out.

Side note regarding that I-75 path: With a range charge and starting from the north side of Atlanta, I could probably have made it to Tifton and skipped Macon driving 75 mph but all it would have taken was a hard rain to throw me off so I picked up an extra 30 miles in Macon in 10 minutes. (It’s not an interesting place to stop.) Thanks to a stretch of 60 mph construction and being packed between semi’s I got to Tifton with 51 miles left. Better safe than sorry though.

P.S. Atlanta is full of MS's. I saw more over the weekend than I have seen in total in the wild before that. It seemed odd to me that every one I saw was white or black (mine is grey).

Thanks for the update. Yes we have a very active group in Atlanta - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeslaMotorsFansAtlanta/

I saw two on yesterday afternoon in Buckhead.

Taking road trip 8/22 from Orlando to Tallahassee. What is the possibility of Lake City being operational? How do I confirm? Otherwise will have to slow charge in Gainesville. Would be great to skip that!

Hi Rick,

Although the station is pretty far along it is doubtful it will be operational this Friday. I have an inquiry in with Tesla regarding when the ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held, but I don't expect a response before Friday. My only suggestion would be to email [email protected].

Even if you have to charge in Gainesville, you might consider swinging by the Lake City location. It's just .5 miles off of I-75 in the parking lot of Firehouse Subs. 2929 W US Highway 90, Lake City, FL. Sometimes Superchargers are operational a few days before the formal ribbon-cutting ceremony. If so, it would certainly assist you in your return.

Larry

Lake City Supercharger is up! I was there today about 1300 and was the first customer to use it. I believe, from a brief conversation, that the Tesla tech is headed for Brandon next.

I talked with the contractor supervisor; he said he was going to Ocala next. The Tesla work in Ocala should be finished in a few weeks, but they have a delay due to the local power company will hold up activation.

Lake City Supercharger is up! I was there today about 1300 and was the first customer to use it. I had a Firehouse sub. I believe, from a brief conversation, that the Tesla tech is headed for Brandon next.

I talked with the contractor supervisor; he said he was going to Ocala next. The Tesla work in Ocala should be finished in a few weeks, but they have a delay due to the local power company that will hold up activation.

Lake City Supercharger is up! I was there today about 1300 and was the first customer to use it. I believe, from a brief conversation, that the Tesla tech is headed for Brandon next.

I talked with the contractor supervisor; he said he was going to Ocala next. The Tesla work in Ocala should be finished in a few weeks, but they have a delay due to the local power company will hold up activation.

Boy, I-75 is filling in nicely. Supercharger.Info only has Ocala as in the Planning phase and you say it will be done in a few weeks. That's great news!

The answer from Cottonwood the Magnificent is "Land that is a little more expensive now than when sold by the Everglades Plantation Company." The question is, "What will unite the I-95 and I-75 Supercharger highways?"

Lake City Supercharger is up! I was there today about 1300 and was the first customer to use it. I had a Firehouse sub. I believe, from a brief conversation, that the Tesla tech is headed for Brandon next.

I talked with the contractor supervisor; he said he was going to Ocala next. The Tesla work in Ocala should be finished in a few weeks, but they have a delay due to the local power company that will hold up activation.

Very nice!!!

See my reply at Supercharger - Lake City, FL - Page 4

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for the information.

That Tesla tech may be heading to Brandon next, but there have been crews already actively working at Brandon for a while.

Regarding Ocala:

Last week a club member visited the Ocala site and there was no sign of construction activity.

We expect work will proceed at Ocala soon, but it is unlikely that they have broken ground yet. According to Ocala's on-line system a permit was applied for on August 8th and it is under review. It's possible that the on-line system is a little behind, but it can't be off by more than a week based on an eye witness.

On August 20th (yesterday) the electrical contractor submitted authorization to obtain permitting. View attachment Ocala Supercharger permit request.pdf

A club member may be able to visit the Ocala site next week to verify status.

Larry

Last edited:
Boy, I-75 is filling in nicely. Supercharger.Info only has Ocala as in the Planning phase and you say it will be done in a few weeks. That's great news!

I suppose that the permitting system may be a little behind for Ocala, nevertheless I question whether Ocala is that far along since one of our club members was there last week and there was no sign of construction activity.

We expect work will proceed at Ocala soon, but it is unlikely that they have broken ground yet. According to Ocala's on-line system a permit was applied for on August 8th and it is under review. A club member may be able to visit the Ocala site next week to verify status.
Larry

I suppose that the permitting system may be a little behind for Ocala, nevertheless I question whether Ocala is that far along since one of our club members was there last week and there was no sign of construction activity.

Here is the Ocala permit online (don't use Chrome) - Growth Management
- Go to "Permits" and search for "BLD14-0964". On the main page it doesn't say that the permit has been issued. However when you double click on that row you can see the Approved Date of 8/6/2014. Not really sure...