TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lake Jeanclia =/= Portland, OR... dumb Nav....

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by joshuaeven, Jul 9, 2013.

1. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

/rant
    This bug drives me crazy and I just needed to vent. BOTH my LEAF and the Model S display Portland, OR as Lake Jeanclia, OR. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

It has to be a bug in the Navagon software, as both systems display as such. I wrote an email to Ownership, and I am hoping they can pressure Navigon to make a correction. It's just so strange and unsettling... I'm surprised there isn't more pressure from the owners to get this changed.

/end rant.

2. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

While this is a couple of layers of hearsay, my dad asked Tesla about it and they reported back that Google has it in the maps like that. So until Google changes it we will be stuck with that non-sense.

I share your aggravation.

3. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Hmmm, in the new desktop Google maps, searching for Lake Jeanclia, OR gives this response - We could not find Lake Jeanclia, OR

The older version of Google Maps gives this response - We could not understand the location Lake Jeanclia, OR

The mobile version Google Maps (soon to be the old version) doesn't find it either.

By the way, this was moved from Model S/Model S: User Interface. I think that's completely wrong because this is about a bug in the mapping software, not Portland, OR or the mythical Lake Jeanclia, OR

4. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

It's not a Google map thing. It's from Navigon. Same bug in my LEAF. And I agree about the move... the mods of this forum baffle me sometimes.

5. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Interesting. Lake Jeanclia is in Kentucky.